Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • That video of the lad that kept falling over at Antur Stiniog
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Does anybody have a link?

You know the one. One lad keeps mouthing off saying he is great at riding so the others take him to Antur and he keeps falling over.

I cant find it.

Thanks

zilog6128

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YeWV_NxhlQ[/video]

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Man down

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks zilog

mickolas
    Free Member

Could just be me but (in addition to keeping to keeping a death grip on the rear brake) does it look like that rear wheel has a wobble like the bearings are loose?

maxtorque

Is that^^^^ a piss take? Surely you wouldn’t let someone that uncomfortable on a bike actually ride a DH track?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Are they locked. I was thinking bald tyre and about 50PSI…

But he must have really really pissed everyone of for them to let him do that…

eyerideit
    Free Member

The guy ended up breaking his shoulder, he was very good at extreme sports apparently.

robj20
    Free Member

Some mates, i wouldn’t take any of mine on something i knew they couldn’t handle.

yunki
    Free Member

He didn’t do too bad I reckon..

timc
    Free Member

odd this? so the local blagger was taken to AS & recorded as he fell of & ended up breaking his shoulder?

toys19
    Free Member

Despite what his so called mates said about him i thought that was a cruel and unusual punishment.

Its a funny world where people choose to hang out with other people who will gain pleasure from their misfortune.

AlasdairMc

That doesn’t look too extreme though. I remember taking someone around GT red who said he raced DH and used to ride with Danny MacAskill – collapsed on the first climb and we had to drastically shorten the route to ensure he didn’t die.

Speshpaul

the 2ndtime the camera man points at the rear brake lever does our man have a little bite back… i know what i’m doing!

nwill1
    Free Member

Haha, I’ve met a number of compulsive liers in my time (none bike related) and the only way to deal with them is call them out like these guys, doesn’t look too extreme for some one who can ride and they weren’t to know he would break himself….saying that he looked pissed, he seemed to struggle standing!

Anyway hope he has healed well as its never nice to see someone get hurt, however probably won’t stop him lying!

iolo
    Free Member

They should have stopped him and sent him to the nearest caff.
    Poor guy.
    I know the guys running the place had no idea but the guy following him with a camera might have said something instead of following him down for the second run.
    He then puts him on youtube. Ar@@@le.

thepurist

Looks like he’s been to the Fairhurst school of Mountain Biking…

[video]http://vimeo.com/55796043[/video]

unklehomered
    Free Member

In all fairness he hasn’t been made to do it, unless the guy with the gun is out of shot. We can’t hear what’s being said… He chose to keep riding rather than walk. But yeah, there are probably less extreme places to call someone’s bluff.

mk1fan
    Free Member

As funny as it is to ‘prick pomposity’ the cameraman didn’t seem too clued up either. Leaving their bike across the trail and appearing to be no use after the big crash.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hmm – that looked like a blue graded trail at most. The guy would have got on better if he stood up. I’m sure it would have to be a wind up. Nobody is that bad on a bike.

jam-bo

Is it hora?

br
    Free Member

Is it hora?

Nah, the frame looked the right size.

Northwind

glupton1976 – Member

Hmm – that looked like a blue graded trail at most.

It’s the antur blue. But to be fair it is harder than it looks- it’d be a red if it was at your average trail centre

(we went round cyb in a mixed group the day before, everyone got on fine with the Beast but a couple of our group were well out of their comfort zone on the antur blue. Not that the Beast is a gnar-fest but it’s probably a useful comparison)

patriotpro
    Free Member

That vid looks like a spoof to me.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Patriotpro that will be Scouse!

frogstomp

I concur.. if you are used to ‘normal’ trail-riding then the constant gradient and momentum of a proper DH course can be a bit of a shock to the system – I’ll quite happily admit that it was when we tried it!

Bullet

Total set-up…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘That video of the lad that kept falling over at Antur Stiniog’ is closed to new replies.