Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • That video of the french bloke backing it in on every turn on a DH run. Where?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Its the same old thing.. wide angle lens giving the impression of crazy speeds. You see it in F1 and onboard stuff at the isle of mann TT recently.The isle of man onboard stuff is a great example. Its extremely fast stuff but do you really think they can pin a course over 38 or so miles if thats the speed they were going with the speed things are vanishing out of the picture? yes, it IS the speed they are going but the way the lens makes stuff vanish out of the picture a little quicker than the human eye,makes it all look amazing. old TT footage along with old jackie stewart kinda motor racing shows stuff at more realistic viewing. ive filmed some slow stuff and it looks so fast when i play it back on the computer. infact only a few weeks ago i was filming one handed along a track as a bunch of sheep ran in front of me (dont ask) going about 10-15mph and it looks so much faster.

If you look at the guy in front cornering,you will notice he nearly comes to a halt on a few turns and the footage at that point still looks mad thru the camera as the track dissapears from view.

He could also be using so much more of the track on the approach into turns to aid the cornering speeds. still fast stuff but i dont think they are cawkz.

jimmy

Overtaking & skidding = fine in context.

Barging other riders out the way and nearly taking them out = cock.

Ride how you like but respect other trail users however fast or slow they're going.

IanMunro
    Free Member

+10 mega squintillion on the cock count.
    Though if I was able to ride like that, you'd be looking at about +30 mega squintillion on the cock count for my descent 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘That video of the french bloke backing it in on every turn on a DH run. Where?’ is closed to new replies.