Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • That there new Pace RC129
  • Burchy1
    Free Member

It’s certainly pretty and looks to have a good set of vital statistics until you come to the reach and i cant work out why.

Anyone with a better eye for detail than me care to explain why a P7 and the Pace arent much closer in reach.

HA SA effTT Stack Reach HTLength wheelbase
    P7 65 74 620 622 441 110 1187
    RC129 65 73 615 645 418 115 1179
    Both are measured with a 140mm fork unsagged.

I know the P7 is 27.5 and the Pace 29, but that should be relative shouldnt it and only make a difference if you ran 29f/27.5r?

I’m guessing its in the 20mm extra stack but i cant work out why it has 20mm extra stack.

daern
    Free Member

I’m sorry, I can’t really comment on the reach as I’d need to ride one to be sure, but damn, it’s a handsome looking bike:

Maybe worth a trip to Dalby… 😉

the-muffin-man

Looks rather nice – but I miss their lightweight stuff.

daern
    Free Member

i.e. the old alloy stuff from the 90s?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Anyone with a better eye for detail than me care to explain why a P7 and the Pace arent much closer in reach.

Shorter ETT to start with, and slacker SA means that proportionally more of the ETT is behind the BB and less left for Reach

Rubber_Buccaneer

Until someone intelligent comes along I will have a guess 🙂

P7 has 1 degree steeper seat tube
    P7 has 5mm longer effective top tube
    P7 has 23mm lower stack (shorter head tube and does the P7 have internal lower cup whilst the RC129 has external?)

all of those contribute to the longer reach.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Oops, fifeandy posted whilst I was typing, I am not suggesting he isn’t intelligent 😀

ferrals
    Free Member

Looks rather nice – but I miss their lightweight stuff.

Agreed. If Pace came up with a nice light modern xc race frame I’d happily sell a kidney for it – and if it happened to have polished alu square section tubes I’d sell my liver too.

the-muffin-man

i.e. the old alloy stuff from the 90s?

Yes – I’m old! 😀

I remember the first time I picked up a Pace bike at a Polaris event – it was soooo light! I’ve wanted one ever since – but not a lardy steel frame.

Agreed. If Pace came up with a nice light modern xc race frame I’d happily sell a kidney for it – and if it happened to have polished alu square section tubes I’d sell my liver too.

This – I might even start riding again!

thepodge
    Free Member

Both this and their last frame are somewhat more traditional in their geometry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘That there new Pace RC129’ is closed to new replies.