Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • That there Lancaster bomber….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Flew over my house about an hour ago! Went over Boroughbridge heading Northish. Dunno how high but not very, & it sounded wonderful!
    Any ideas where it’d be going?

Markie
    Free Member

Unable to help, but we saw it last weekend at the Abingdon airshow, was ace!

This photo from the Oxford Mail shows it turning in over Didcot Cathedral…

crush83
    Free Member

Scampton maybe, there is a dambusters anniversary soon. Or Conningsby. Where it lives.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crazy-legs

Great photo Markie!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had the option of transferring to Didcot 30 years ago when they closed the power station I was at, at the time. I chose the Hinkley Point option instead and got to live on the Quantocks 🙂

brokensoul
    Free Member

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/news/index.cfm

Derwent reservoir flypast on Thursday.

crazybaboon

Flew over Lincoln this afternoon whilst the gp(road race) was on

shortcut

Saw it over Swinley this morning!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So It’s been over Berkshire, Lincolnshire & North Yorkshire today, must be doing a tour eh?

brokensoul
    Free Member

Sunday 12 May – Lancaster

1030 – Depart Cgy

1045 – Flypast Peterborough

1127 – Flypast Runnymede

1130 – Flypast Brooklands

1150 – Flypast Stotfold

1205 – Flypast Warboys

1230 – Flypast Newark

1240 – Flypast Dunholme Lodge

1305 – Flypast Brafferton

1315 – Land Cgy

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ah, Brafferton then. It’s only over the river as the crow (or Lancaster) flies from here. Still dunno why it was there though. ❓
    Plus I’m sure It’s more than 10 minutes flying time from Brafferton to Coningsby.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I don’t know, but it might say something about it somewhere on the site I linked to ^ up there.
    It’s the 70th anniversary of the dambusters raid on Thursday, hence the Derwent flypast. There’s a flypast darn sarf (Radio 2 are involved in a commemorative show) somewhere on Friday, so today might’ve been a practice run (or whatever they call it).
    😉

Markie
    Free Member

I had the option of transferring to Didcot 30 years ago when they closed the power station I was at, at the time. I chose the Hinkley Point option instead and got to live on the Quantocks

You turned Didcot down? But its cooling towers were designed by an architect!

They’re shutting Didcot now, or half of it, and as part of GE decommissioning the plant has artists in residence, who have a website here: http://wherecloudsaremade.blogspot.co.uk/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘That there Lancaster bomber….’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts