• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by colp.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • that slightly empty feeling after hitting the buy button….
  • alpin
    Free Member

went on the Canyon site whilst at lunch to day out of sheer boredom.

Strives have been reduced massivley. i ended up hitting the buy button on a Race 9.0…. Fox bits, 1501 Splines… about 25% off. and my first fully!

just hope i’ve done the right thing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got the munchies? That could explain the feeling

jonnyboi

Google cognitive dissonance

alpin
    Free Member

no munchies… not smoked for over six months….. 😡

jonny.. interesting, thanks!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. Full sus takes a bit of adapting to. Need to move your weight around a lot more. It’ll feel weird and a bit useless at first.

goss
    Free Member

watch out for mud clearance with 2.4″ 2.3″ tires.
    edit: if it’s boost then it might be solved.

BigJohn

Buyer’s remorse. Everybody gets it.
    Plus you only want what you haven’t got.

bearnecessities

got the munchies?

Change the record, eh?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I ordered some gloves, some goggles and two boxes of gels. I’m not feeling empty I’m feeling #enduro 🙂

Cheer up, you’re getting a new bike 😀

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Once the shipping notice is sent and the box arrives the excitement will have built and plateau’d nicely.

People say buy local but I just got a c2w bike from a local shop, the handover wasn’t great, I got a few bits of paper for some parts of the new bike.
    With canyon, you get some nice stuff in the box and extras (torque, fork pump etc), I’ve enjoyed opening and simply setting up two bikes now ;0)

LeeW

bearnecessities – Member

got the munchies?

Change the record, eh?

Read that music can affect the taste of food but not how much you crave it.

Sandwich

They may not bill you for 12 months while you get to ride your new bike.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’ll take that long to sort out the warranty issues……..

alpin
    Free Member

They may not bill you for 12 months while you get to ride your new bike.

In Germany you can pay on delivery for the reasonable sum of 2€…. Means the bike gets shipped sooner as you are not waiting for the money to clear.

I’ve perused a few shops in Munich but there just isn’t much choice. There is the Trek store and another selling Rocky Mountains. Both of which seem massively over priced considering the kit hanging off them. And I can fettle to a decent standard.

Re warranty…. Any issues seem (from what I’ve read) to be dealt with quickly within Germany.

Cheers bearnecessities…. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

When’s it arriving then?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve had a decent go on my mate’s Strive Race CF – it’s fun to ride and a really great all-rounder, I’m sure you’ll love it.

Andy-R

molgrips – Member
    Yes. Full sus takes a bit of adapting to. Need to move your weight around a lot more. It’ll feel weird and a bit useless at first.

You’re dead right about that – even after a few months I still can’t pick the front up over steps or tree trunks as easliy as on a hardtail or rigid bike. Partly longer wheelbase and partly because the rear suspension absorbs most of the impulsion.
    Old dog, new tricks and all that.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, then after a while you learn to push the bike into things, swing your body forwards and backwards to change the bike’s attitude. Then you have to un-learn those things when you get back on a rigid.

jairaj

molgrips – Member

Mine felt freaking awesome from day one! Yeah sure it required more body language as it was a bigger heavier bike but it felt amazing! The extra composure from the rear end gave me much more confidence bestest thing I ever did was get a full suss. 😀

speedstar

I bought a new Merc C250 estate today and had immense guilt for the first couple of miles with a feeling that I should just take it back and be more sensible. But then I settled into the driving experience and realised it was just fantastic and that other part of my brain could STFU!

colp

Get down to Leogang/Saalbach in June, you’ll feel much better about it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘that slightly empty feeling after hitting the buy button….’ is closed to new replies.