Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • That poll – How do you listen to music these days?
  • sbob
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – Member

Absolute

Almost forgot.
    Not that I do much cooking at the moment, but when I do it’s Absolute 80s all the way. 😀

mogrim

Working my way though NME’s top 500 albums on Spotify at the moment, hard going at times though. It used to be XFM in the morning but since they turned into X and got that boring **** Moyles on I’ve given up on it.

sbob
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

Generally fairly shitty sound quality?

Good point. I guess having grown up with live music since before I can remember, absolute sound quality isn’t that important to me.
    Just as well really as a lot of modern production is quite frankly atrocious. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Most places – Apple Music now, I subscribed before Xmas and honestly it’s bloody great..
    R2 for Bob Harris Country only.
    R4 when Bob’s not on or I can’t be bothered with Apple Music.
    When in Town I listen to local Deephouse Radio stations, we’ve a couple that I really like.

DezB
    Free Member

Playing at the moment – MP3s via VLC player.
    In car – iPod, always.
    At home:
    Streaming off my NAS
    CD player
    Cassette player
    Turntable

I find radio unlistenable these days, which is sad as I always used to use it to discover new stuff.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I despair at the amount of kids I see listening via their phone, not with headphones but just through the crappy little speaker.

That’s why audio quality doesn’t matter any more.

Myself, CDs ripped to FLAC and stored on my NAS, streamed to Squeezebox to the hifi, or another next to my PC. Some day CDs will be unavailable to rip. They’re not perfect anyway, but I’d rather not be forced to a lower quality MP3 as my “original” storage on the NAS. Some sites do offer FLAC but not many and usually less popular things on offer. The chance of higher quality replacement for CD has gone thanks to kids accepting shit quality downloads (SACD/DVD-A/etc are effectively dead).

If it comes to portable I have conversions to the best possible quality MP3 and still use my ancient MP3 player (iriver running Rockbox). I’ve been trying out my phone but the audio quality is shite. It also lacks crossfeed for headphone use.

Car is a struggle. My Civic has no inputs except an optional (and expensive) iPod connector (I don’t do Apple). Just a CD player. Tried an FM transmitter… god awful.

benp1

Mainly Apple Music – headphones on the bike, bluetooth speaker at home

Sometimes also DAB radio, FM radio in the car (and sometimes CDs)

mudshark
    Free Member

Naim CD/amps with nice Kef speakers. Listening to poorly reproduced music is like looking at photos of paintings. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘That poll – How do you listen to music these days?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts