Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • That new cotic?
  • v666ern
    Free Member

That was in the newsletter a while back, did it ever progress & what guise was it in 120mm FS? Should I start saving now, I don’t need the 150 of the rocket 😐

roverpig

You may not need 150mm, but if the 120mm version isn’t much lighter why not have the extra travel just in case?

nodrog2
    Free Member

The Rocket doesn’t pedal like a 150mm bike either.

cy

It’s progressing to production. We need to get some more prototypes sorted with the final (lighter weight) tubeset for testing and lab work. Should be available mid-summer if things go well.

roverpig

That answers my point then! Sounds like a lighter build all over. More XC/Trail than the more Trail/AM biased Rocket. Should create some interest.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m betting its a 26er?

roverpig

Maybe, but I’m sure Cy mentioned that he was working on a 29er too.

twang
    Free Member

KP24 innit?

honourablegeorge

Can see myself buying this one, swap all my Soul parts onto it. And then go spending more cash building the Soul again.

nodrog2
    Free Member

The ultimate UK trail bike maybe?

bratty

pics? links? etc….

🙂

roblane65
    Free Member

u got it built up then nodrog,pics ?. 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

CAN NOT WAIT!
    I was kinda expecting something similar to a gyro but steel, thanks cy ill keep an eye on the news section

cy

The bike v666ern is asking about is a 26″ bike. It’s based heavily on the Rocket, but we’re putting some Soul tubes in there to lighten it up and the front end geometry is a little steeper than the rocket and designed to work around 120-140mm forks, not 140-160mm. The final variant of the first prototype had a 67.5deg head angle with 140mm forks (vs 66.9 for 140mm forks on a Rocket), which drops to 68.5deg with 120mm forks. Rear travel is 125mm, and the swingarm is off the Rocket so 142 X-12 bolt thru rear.

We’re playing with some 29er stuff too on the FS side of things, but again, it’ll be summertime before we have anything certain.

No pics, as unless it’s production ready I don’t like putting them up. Plus, we tried out a colour which wasn’t very nice!

Twang – it’s not the KP24. This whole project became public because we had what we call the KP25 prototypes which are aluminimum 100mm travel Soul geom frames, and then this shorter travel Rocket. Paul liked the KP25, I liked the shorter Rocket. They were both good, but we couldn’t decided so we asked the question on the newsletter a couple of months back. The overwhelming majority of people asked for the 5″ travel steel based frame, so that’s where we’re going.

timraven

If it’s anywhere near as much fun as my Rocket it’ll be fantastic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘That new cotic?’ is closed to new replies.