Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • That new Cotic Rocket
  • dja25
    Free Member

Looks bloody good. Sounds like it rides reet nice too. Not a bad price too

toons
    Free Member

I like the orange one, but the black frame looks like a gate!

mboy
    Free Member

Looks V nice and I want one quite a bit!

Agree would have to be Orange though, doesn’t look right in black and I usually like black bikes!

sambob
    Free Member

I think the fact that’s a large rather than the orange small or medium that’s floating around will probably have more to do with it looking like a gate than the colour.

unstableJ
    Free Member

Sounds like it rides reet nice too

…off to find out week on Saturday 😀

sambob
    Free Member

What time you riding unstableJ?

unstableJ
    Free Member

2 pm

SBrock
    Free Member

Personally I think it looks hideous

DezB
    Free Member

150mm steel full-susser

Cool…

…sharp edged metal end cap. Not only is it ugly on what is otherwise a great looking bike, but I was forever catching my calf muscles on them (and it’s not like I’m Chris Hoy), with each and every pedal stroke. Towards the end of the ride I had two rather red and sore marks on the inside of my legs…

Not cool!

sefton
    Free Member

what wrong with everyone’s eyes????

look at the toptube/seattube – looks like scaffolding

what is it that people think look good?

geoffj

look at the toptube/seattube – looks like scaffolding

Its a good point, well made, but folk are happy to ride filing cabinets….

sefton
    Free Member

might be a great bike to ride but I keep reading how much people like the look of it. what do you like the look of out of interest?

jam-bo

It’s a cotic. STW’rs will fap themselves silly over it however it looks or rides.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I don’t like anything about the way it looks, you’re not the only one.

Those bolts sticking out must be a joke surely?

SBrock
    Free Member

might be a great bike to ride

What people have actually ridden one?

sambob
    Free Member

No-one on here I don’t think, but a fair few are riding them next Saturday so we can report back then.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Those bolts sticking out must be a joke surely?

[quote]Towards the end of the ride I had two rather red and sore marks on the inside of my legs[/quote] Pitch has a similarly anoyingly wide linkage that rubs, after a couple of rides it’s not noticable (so I’ve either MTFU’d, skins toughened up, or now ride bow-leggedly).

Who want’s to buy a large then sell it to me cheeply s/h?

ART

It was ‘those bolts’ that caught my eye at Bespoked. Looks kinda unfinished and as someone has already experienced ^^^^ with the potential for injury. Maybe refinements will be in order.

coogan
    Free Member

Looks pretty ugly to me. But then Cotic’s don’t do a huge amount for me.

juan
    Free Member

What people have actually ridden one?

Don’t be ridiculous, this is STW. You are only allowed to criticise a bike you’ve not ridden. When you do criticise a bike you have rode, you have to make sure it’s not design by the editor’s friend.

rootes1

plus looks like the white ‘seat stay’ is in contact in this position (un sagged i assume) with the frame pivot gusset… clonk clonk clonk?

brant
    Free Member

It won’t be in contact. That would be mental.

MadPierre

I’m in the looks horrible camp too

Garry_Lager

Ugly as a bag full of arseholes that.

Fancy a ride all the same. Full sus bikes are usually ugly IMO, not really an issue.

rootes1

Hi Brant

It won’t be in contact. That would be mental.

Agreed, but looks like it is touching in the photo – perhaps a bit like the PACE where the linkages touch as extremes of travel.

sv

Does look better smaller and in orange. Hope that isnt contact on the rocker 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought those silly bolts were being used on the prototype only. I’m sure Cy went off about somebody moaning about them. This could be a proto frame that was virtually identical to the production frame. Well apart from the silly bolts and the tiny bridge clearance anyway.

sefton
    Free Member

shame the top tube sticks out the back of the seat tube

honourablegeorge

toons – Member

I like the orange one, but the black frame looks like a gate!

Oh.. that’s disappointing, I’d need a large, and that looks all wrong. I was really keen on it from the partial shots I’d seen, and the smaller ones.

I’d thought thouse metal caps were rough edges on a prototype bike, not that impressed that they’re still there (and catchign legs) on the production bike – surely they could have been recessed soemwhat?

compositepro
    Free Member

its probably better out the back than the front

mark90
    Free Member

Not keen on the extened top tube, but apart from that I like the look in the smaller sizes (big sizes rarely look right anyway). But then I do prefer the look of the old straight top tubes 5’s. I like my bikes to have staright tubes, viewed from the sideb at least, laterally curved stays are ok. I guess I’m a traditionalist like that. Although the Santa Cruz SL does look better with the bent top tube for some reason, I think it’s the close proximity of the shock, the bend appears to give it more room. Anyway back to the rocket I like the almost parallel top tube and seat stay.

eyerideit
    Free Member

sefton – Member
    might be a great bike to ride but I keep reading how much people like the look of it. what do you like the look of out of interest?

The sticker, it wraps around the downtube. But seriously for me it’s the simplicity of the smaller ones – elegant lines. I’m not liking the seat/top tube brace on the top picture.

I was well up for getting one but things have changed…..

brant
    Free Member

I think its lovely that Cy come on here and discusses things.
    I do find it amazing that Coogan, SBrock , Gary Lager and others can be quite so rude about things that fine honest people have crafted.

I mean, this is Cy. His own money. His own time. No big corporation.

It’s just seems really rude.

_tom_
    Free Member

I think it looks quite nice in the smaller size. Not sure if I’d pay that much for a bike with bolts that catch your legs though.

avdave2

It’s just seems really rude.

But isn’t it a real friend that pulls you aside and says you really can’t go out looking like that. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

I’m surprised if that’s the production frame, but I don’t really care as long as my calves don’t hit it, as no-one would see it if I just rode past. Stop whining until you’ve all ridden one, if it doesn’t hit your legs I don’t see the problem and you wont be able to see it whilst riding anyway.

Mike_D
    Free Member

I like that bit.

Kryton57

Look at the “line” where the top of the 2nd box up is and the frame gap between top tube and down tube at the head tube junction – clearly the black bike is a fair bit bigger.

wrecker
    Free Member

NO, it’s a bike and it deserves any criticisms which any other bike would get.

bigbloke
    Free Member

why does the orange bike not have the same reinforcing thing on the top tube seat tube join? Maybe thats why it “looks” better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘That new Cotic Rocket’ is closed to new replies.