Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • That new Cotic Rocket video.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Yes its great but is it just me or is the head badge not on straight?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEOOauBcxo[/video]

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

It does look slightly off centre, not sure if its because of the camera angle though.

jam-bo

i might start riding in a cape. capes are cool.

.duncan
    Free Member

That was one of my shots, I can assure you it is straight! 😉

I don’t think the bike lean combined with the highlight on the frame is helping things though…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’d have prodded her first. Just to check she was alive.

AlexSimon

Great video. Spot on.
    Love just showing the landing at 1:46. Looks proper fast.

BadlyWiredDog

It’s a shame the gender roles aren’t reversed. I don’t mean that in a super-heavy, PC way, I just think it’d be a little fresher – how about roles reversed sequel? 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Rocketman can certainly ride!

andyl
    Free Member

I think Cy and Paul should wear Rocketman outfits at all the events/shows they go to! 😆

kelvin

Love the video: Fast’n’fun.

wwaswas

That ‘drift through the leaves on a corner’ when he first goes off road.

When I was a kid that would have been the coolest thing *ever* to be able to do on a bicycle.

I’m 46 now and it’s still right up the top of the list 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

What wwaswas said ^^ . I wish I could drift like that. <sighs wistfully>

soulwood
    Free Member

I like the raised eyebrows of the guy in the background at 1.19. I think this video is truly ace, sufficiently tongue in cheek and with great riding to show. Cotic are blessed that This is Sheffield seem to like their bikes, the first bike in the vid is also a Cotic! It’s good to see “marketing” without big names, big brands and big money that works.

spando
    Free Member

Brilliant, what jam bo said capes are cool! I now want a Rocket and am away to invent my own super hero suit. I really really loved the rocket boosters on the legs, I wonder if they really work?
    Made me laugh good work chaps 😆

spando
    Free Member

What would your biking super hero name be?

spando
    Free Member

Just watched it again, I like the

oh rocket man how did you get here so fast

makes me feel nice 😉

bellerophon
    Free Member

And they chose the best track ever!! Don’t argue now, I know you want to… 🙂

EDIT: and oh the riding ain’t bad 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

.duncan

I’m not just talking about the stationary shot, have a look at 1.42 and it looks off centre there too.

BTW I’m not Cotic bashing I love my BFe and want a Rocket. With a centred head tube badge.

AlexSimon

I didn’t notice the fireworks first time around!

hora
    Free Member

How does it ride? I don’t know what to make of the Whatmountainbike mag review- most of it building up then one para on the ride at the end.

Mackem

Glad they resisted the obvious Elton John soundtrack.

hora
    Free Member

Greno woods? Looks like it would make a nice day out riding that and Wharncliffe on the other side 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ace! Black Betty ftw! Elton John would have been funny too though.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

he’s right, that badge is wonky

funkrodent

His riding is great admittedly, but his high speed helmet grabbing antics really do abscond with the flapjack

daftvader
    Free Member

Cant have a cape

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=4R2aW03pwL0[/video]
    You have been warned 🙂

cy

It was ace fun to plan and make. So happy with how it worked out. We got the PRS for the track by giving the artist a RoadRat as it turns out he rides. How good is that?

Those asking, MBR have a pretty comprehensive 1st ride review in the latest mag out this week. I think Singletrack were pretty on the ball with the 1st ride review too. If you’re that interested, maybe come and actually ride one on the 9th June at our demo?

timc
    Free Member

Birds tidy, well done on casting her

sambob
    Free Member

Go and ride it Hora, It’s flippin’ brilliant.

AlexSimon

When are these likely to surface as shop demo bikes?

boltonjon

Best MTB marketing video i’ve seen yet – it put a big smile on my face!

Makes me wish i’d waited for a few more weeks and bought a Rocket to replace my Zesty!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

cycleworld my lbs have got one coming in…they stripped the parts off theyre pretty fresh 5 demo to put on it

….ive already had a shot though on the one doing the rounds and it rode ace! very play’y if that makes sense…bit more chuckable than the five ive got now…not sure if i can justify another bike though…. 🙄

taka
    Free Member

that ldv van at 1:04 looks scweet 8)

hora
    Free Member

bobby sell the five frame to me

nickhart
    Free Member

I’m with daftvader one the cape thing, get caught in the spokes if one isn’t careful. It’s the best piece of marketing done for ages that didn’t include semi clad ladeeeeeeez.
    Good on you Cy.
    What about a whole series of them? Obviously fetching curry the long way home has to be next……

dashed
    Free Member

Lovely looking thing. I want.

And the bike ain’t too shabby either 😆

batfink
    Free Member

Great vid Cy…. really makes me want a Rocket, so it’s done it’s job!

Brilliant that Ben Braund is a Cotic fan, but looked for the track on iTunes, and it’s not there! Just his other track “Rocket” 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

Great video , great riding , tidy bird and cracking looking bike . 😀

Hanky

Hi Cy, are there still plenty of slots for demo day at Calver, just down the road in Matlock?

cy

You have to book on the demo day, as we’re pretty full so we need to give you an exact ride time for the bike you want. Drop me an email. There’s still Rockets in all sizes available on the 2pm and 4pm rides, and assorted Solarii at other times.

For the track, Ben’s back from hols today and he knows there have been requests so I’ll post up on Cotic and the social media the link to the track when I have it. The Rocket track of his is why I contacted him, but that’s owned by Virgin EMI. I have an amazing acoustic version of Rocket Ben sent me which is in the same style as Black Betty.

No plans on shop demos as none of the shops apart from Cycleworld have decided to get a demo in. That’s why we’ve been our own demos. We’re at Singletrack Weekender after the 9th June Demo, we’ll have some bikes at Fort William Endurance DH at the end of July, as we’ll do some more Calver demos once August is out of the way. Drop us a line if you’re interested in a demo though. Our fleet is up and running so we might be able to work something out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘That new Cotic Rocket video.’ is closed to new replies.