Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • That new build first ride…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S7Cdzy]IMG_20170222_180703[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Tweak saddle, check stem is straight, tweak saddle, work out its longer, make mental note to fiddle with saddle rails, miss a couple of corners feeling for the changes then relax and ride..
    Think I’m going to enjoy this bike 6 years after I took a demo out.

somouk
    Free Member

Nice looking bike and trail!

Tracey

Looks nice, its a great feeling, enjoy the ride.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given I’ve been working flat out for the last 2 months and it was 32c out there not sure how the enjoyment was….

Trail is a little gem at Beechworth Victoria neat little 10km loop in a little bit of forrest that goes a bit escher in there.

core

So what is it Mike? 26″?

DT78
    Free Member

Mark 2 nomad with custom paint?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last year of nomad and I think it was the last colour they did.
    26 as it was a good deal plan was for 650 or 29 but this came up from a mate. 36 up front and gx out back. Rides ery well strangly just like the big brother or the blur lt. Sized up to large and the stand over is the same as the medium I demo’d years back.

core

Nice, there are still some good 26″ deals to be had if you can get a last generation with tapered steerer and big enough seat tube for dropper etc.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol did people really still do 27.2 this decade…
    This one is 1.5″ headtube too 🙂

samtheman
    Free Member

What are the Beechworth trails like Mike?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/activities/875432341
    Thats the XC loop, they have added another descent alongside the DH too, didn’t get a change as light was fading and it was hot. Lots of flowy riding in there, the descents feel longer than the climbs which is good. Only a short stop though make sure you time it with a beer and Pizza from these guys https://bridgeroadbrewers.com.au/
    Great warm up for Bright and Beauty, up here again in March for those and Falls with BlueDirt Shuttles – hitting Buller this weekend off the back of the work trip up here. Where you based?

samtheman
    Free Member

Sounds good, cheers for the links, I’ll give them a try. Based in Melbourne, up in the Territory at the mo. Was in Tassie a few weeks ago, Derby trails are improving all the time – you tried them out yet? Psyched up for the Maydena Bike Park opening next year, cracking place for it! Ever get to the You Yangs? Liking the new bike, extra kudos for 26, enjoy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lets get this one sorted I’m not pining after 26″ or a 26″ evangelist… 😉
    Yep Derby is improving don’t get up as often though up soon before EWS starts to ride the news stuff. Maydena will be interesting see who from Dirt Art is doing the job on that one.
    Been to the Youies a few times though not in this weather heatwave down low and snow in the Mountains

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘That new build first ride…’ is closed to new replies.