Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • That leyzne GPS thingamajig on the front page
  • PrinceJohn

I like the look of that and am contemplating treating myself, but is there anything else like it out there on the market?

mattbee

Don’t know but I do have the none watch version of it.
    Works well in all areas except the navigation/route planning which is pants & just seems to be a random ‘freeze & need hard reset’ generator.

jam-bo

a garmin? that looks 10x better than that.

willard

Garmin do make more ‘match-like’ wearables. The new Forerunners and Fenix are good examples of that.

The Leyzne ones are much cheaper though.

Kamakazie

TomTom Spark 3?

michaelbowden

Suunto Ambit?

tom.nash

TomTom GPS watches often on Sports Pursuit – used for over a year, never lost GPS even in thick woods, uploads to Strava easy as

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Sony Smart Watch 3 for £80 or less.

willard

Given that I already own a Garmin 310xt, what’s good out there as a watch rather than a small box on a wrist strap?

I currently use a Timex Ironman Triathlon as my day to day time telling device, but can see the logic in having a single thing to tell time, track exercise, short runs, that sort of thing. I just hate the requirement to have to charge a watch every night.

ontor
    Free Member

tomtom watches are hard to beat. I have a spark 2 as daily driver. music, accurate pedometer and GPS for runs etc.

jam-bo

garmin 235. does a week+ of activity tracking. 10hrs of GPS tracking. takes about an hour or so to charge up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The Leyzne ones are much cheaper though.

Nope. Garmin vivoactive hr is the same price, looks a darn site better and doesn’t require a hr strap.

PrinceJohn

Nope. Garmin vivoactive hr is the same price, looks a darn site better and doesn’t require a hr strap.

I always thought the heart rate isn’t as accurate with out a band?

Can the other ones people have mentioned be attached to bike as well as wrist?
    Curious about the Sony smart watch but how long is the battery life when using GPS?

townydc
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought one of these before Christmas, got it from Bike.Discount.com for £96 including free delivery, only took 4 days to arrive via DPD.
    price has gone up but still cheapest on line.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/lezyne-gps-watch-micro-multisport-572348/wg_id-19158

Love the feel of the watch, use it for biking and hiking (walking the dog). At first i had trouble uploading to my phone as it would always ask me to re-connect via blue tooth and enter a pass code. I inquired to Lezyne why this was and they said they hadn’t tested it with Android Version 7.0 yet which my phone runs. This was happening very soon.It might have been something i was doing wrong possibly.
    I bought it to replace a sometimes unpredictable Garmin 510 Edge.
    it’s nice being able to wear as a watch and step tracker too.
    if they can sort out my connection issue, which i think they will, i’ll have no complaints.

bumper
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these. I had it replace a vivoactive hr, which was useless and looked like something from the original star trek series. It wasn’t bad on the bike but off the bike it didn’t register any of my steps or stairs. My work involves lots of 4-5 steps then stopping then 5-8 steps then stopping. It kept buzzing and sending me alerts because I wasn’t moving. I was on my feet all day but it only starts counting after so many steps so didn’t register 90% of mine. It also claimed I was in bed asleep when I was out on the bike late nights or early mornings but it registered it as an iqmove event, great if you’re having an affair and need an alibi but shite. The hr and sleep were hopeless too.

This lezyne is great for steps and great on the bike but I’m struggling to get it to read emails from the iPhone. Texts and calls are good though. It’s great on the bike or hiking, very accurate but the app is pants. Mapping still isn’t there, you need it to be connected to your phone to navigate, the routing software isn’t fully developed yet! you can add a start and end but have no waypoints or any way to adjust the route. The screen also only has 3 fields per page not 5 as advertised and I can’t for the life of me find the grade/gradient field that it supposedly has.

Overall, I prefer it to the vivoactive hr but it’s not as polished. I feel like a beta tester with it.

prawny

I looked at these, no vibrate function though iirc so no good.

Got a Garmin FR235 and love it. For the first few days the activity tracking a sleep tracking were a bit ropey but seems good now. HR is accurate enough for me and pairs to a strap if I want it to as well.

Ideally it would have all the features of the Vivoactive but I just couldn’t live with the look of the Vivoactive, and I didn’t want a touch screen. Real life battery life is over a week too, was happy getting 4 days out of my old pebble.

bumper
    Free Member

the lezyne has vibrate alerts for quite a few things that you can turn on or off. It’s nice to turn them off, I hate a watch telling me to move about because I’ve sat down for half an hour. I just wish they’d remove the MASSIVE white Lezyne logos off the front or at least tone them down.

prawny

Hmm, I stand corrected. There was something that it didn’t do, but I can’t remember what it was for the life of me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘That leyzne GPS thingamajig on the front page’ is closed to new replies.