Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • That hasn't happened to me before
  • Freester

I guess I am lucky to live in the wilds of Dorset. It’s a rural area and I have gotten quite used to being held up on the bike / car on the lanes because Farmer Smith is walking the ‘ladies of the pasture’ to / from the milking parlour.

However this morning on my cycle to work I came round the corner to face a young lad on a bike in the middle of the road indicating road users to slow down.

I happened on the local hunt grooms walking the pack of hounds. I must admit I was little unnerved as they came up and sniffed me. The hunt hounds can’t be kept as pets / lap dogs.

And the poop that was left behind wasn’t scooped 👿 🙄

wwaswas

As long as you haven’t got Fox shocks you should be ok 😉

hexhamstu
    Free Member

hels
    Free Member

The local Hunt bring all their dogs to the local agricultural show every year and let them run about the show paddock as a display of sorts. Quite scary. Huge big muscly things that seem to obey the guy on a horse only when they feel like it, and look nothing like soemthing you might want to keep as a pet. I prefer being behind a fence with a beer in my hand during the encounter.

I think is it to try and build relationships/understanding with local community. I understands now that the big huge dogs is big and scary.

GrahamS

the poop that was left behind wasn’t scooped

👿

(though I do wonder of the farmer usually scoops up behind his “ladies of the pasture” 😀 )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘That hasn't happened to me before’ is closed to new replies.