Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • That effing ringtone!
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2013/dec/01/samsung-whistle-ringtone-smartphone-annoying

The trouble is that it finishes before I can use it to locate the ‘tard who has chosen to use it…

Jamie
    Free Member

the ‘tard who has chosen to use it…

Hang on, in’t yous a bleedin’ ‘art liberal?

Cougar

Bloke at work has his phone set to full volume, several times a day it rings with sirens and klaxons and a voice yelling, “WARNING, IT’S THE WIFE, WARNING, WARNING, IT’S THE WIFE, IT’S THE WIFE, WARNING…”

*twitch*

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

^^^ does he wear Homer Simpson socks as well? what a card!

The whistle one has been on my hate list for sometime, seems exclusive to people get into text conversations on the train with it going off every 30s 👿

scaredypants

I think that’s default rather than active selection
    Therefore used by people less uptight than you lot 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

Someone will be along in a moment, in true STW style, to announce that only a ringtone knitted by an artisan ringtone knitter rings your phone in the correct manner.

andytherocketeer

The trouble is that it finishes before I can use it to locate the ‘tard

have the opposite here at work.
    some guy has an annoying ringtone, and is really slow at answering it, even when it’s already in his hand. Often lets it play to a finish. I swear he does it on purpose to show off… “look at me – I’ve got a flashy top-brand smartphone!”.
    They’re a commodity product now! Every man and his dog has a smartphone, and replaces it for the latest model every 2 years. Just answer the blimmin thing!

Pieface

All the other standard alerts are rubbish, apart from the bell which everyone else seems to have.

lilchris
    Free Member

Every man and his dog has a smartphone, and replaces it for the latest model every 2 years.

2 years?
    How the poor live! 😉

slowoldman

My standard ringtone is a Fender Telecaster through a ’57 Bassman. That grabs the attention and so far I haven’t heard anyone else use it.

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Message from the dark side you have

<repeat>

Arrrrrggghhhh!

kcal

“Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy” is my selected ringtone…

ononeorange

I associate that ridiculous whistle tone with the sort of people who wear “novelty” Simpsons ties.

sbob
    Free Member

Ram Jam’s Black Betty, from about 3:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R044sleOW6I

I had an excited lad run up to me last year exclaiming that he had my laugh as his ringtone, and he did (I have an exceedingly deep voice)!
    He must have recorded me years previous and I didn’t remember.

Toying with idea of using this however:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-drynqDSOOw

The wife hates it, I’ve loved it since Hello Nasty.

teethgrinder

kcal – Member
    “Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy” is my selected ringtone…

Me too! And Hercules shouting ‘DISAPPOINTED!’ for texts and ‘TIMAAAAAAAY!’ for emails.

I’m classy like that.

zippykona

I want broadsword but I can only get it to say broadsword once.
    A 1.5 second ring tone is rubbish.
    Anyone help its a windows phone.
    My current one is good though.
    [video]http://youtu.be/w-DbtoJJUG0[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Silent. It doesn’t rule me.

kcal

that and the old TdF tune as ringtone for texts.

therevokid
    Free Member

hhmmm …. the ringtone used by Wallander’s phone …
    the Kenneth Branagh version – totally unique in my office … 🙂

eskay

I have the samsung whistle for text alerts, it is about the only one I can hear!

Flaperon

I use the “old phone” ringtone for no other reason than because it amuses me to see everyone nearby look at their phone when mine rings.

marcus7
    Free Member

broadsword for me too!!!, only cos my main clients are German/Austrian, oh how we laugh on site….

njee20
    Free Member

I was thinking the other day how much I don’t miss those horrendous adverts with all the ‘hilarious’ comedy ring/text tones you could get.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Weirdly, I was watching something a few weeks back and during the ad break there was Jamster advert, not some similar service but an actual early 00s ad complete with crazy frog, backgrounds for old nokias and comedy ring tones. I’m positive I didn’t imagine it but am at a loss to explain why it would have been on.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘That effing ringtone!’ is closed to new replies.