Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • That bloody cancer thing
  • mark d
    Free Member

Guess I’m just saying it out loud.
    Stupid dumb ****.
    Anywho
    Partner of 15 years or so has the big C.
    Been a bit of a rollercoaster this few 6 weeks.
    Doctors had a plan, only stage one. **** knocked us dead, that C word.
    Got a plan though, kick it in the nuts
    We’ll get through it.
    Friday knocked us dead.
    Called in to be told now stage 4.
    Into chemo straightaway.

Chemo yesterday and then again in a few weeks then on to the original plan.
    She’s tired today.
    I’m tired today, had to take over and do the washing up….
    To be honest, I’m talking twaddle
    I’m just writing things out in a cathartic way; if it doesn’t make sense sorry.

Northwind

Oh man, no idea what to say… Best of luck to you both, hope it goes as well as these things can

RobHilton
    Free Member

Chin up, write as much twaddle as you need – get your release however you can.

mark d
    Free Member

X

oldnpastit

Sorry to hear that, sounds really hard.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Hey bud, you have my sympathies. It sounds an awful thing to be going through – best healing energies to you both.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

That sounds terrible mate – not sure what to say other than you have our sympathies. Stay strong and try be positive because whatever happens you need to remain hopeful and make the most of the present.

Having had friends that have been through similar and also just difficult challenges myself – I would say that you should never be shy to lean on your support network. Don’t try to bottle things up and handle it all yourselves. And look after yourself as well!!!

mark d
    Free Member

Thanks all. Needed to get that off my chest last night!
    Now back to normal stuff; what tyres do I need for…?

ianpv
    Free Member

Good luck, I’m 13 months post big surgery following a stage 3 diagnosis and am pretty lucky to be here at all. All scary stuff, especially if there are kids involved. Good luck!

mark d
    Free Member

Thanks Ian, Good luck with your recovery.
    We have a 5 year old and 6 month old. Good network of people around us so very thankful for that.
    Positive thoughts.

iainc

Positive vibes, 2 yrs post diagnosis with Prostate Cancer here, aggressive nasty one, organ whipped out, seems clear for now, 6 monthly monitoring for evermore.

Oh, and Spesh Purgatory/Butcher works for me 🙂

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Sh*t news Mark. Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

As others have said take the support from people that offer it. My brother experienced something similar with his partner. The support from friends and family was truly overwhelming. They are now on the other side of it but it was tough.

And don’t be afraid to come on here when you get chance for a good old rant and rave!

leftyboy
    Free Member

I had testicular cancer 20 years ago, lots of unpleasant treatments later and I’m still here. I also had a malignant melanoma 6 years ago and after more unpleasant treatments I’m still here, stay strong and positive as it is possible to get through this. HTH

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m tired today, had to take over and do the washing up….

Get one of these they are ace …. 🙂

Good luck

rascal
    Free Member

F*cking horrible thing.
    Lost my mum very quickly 2 and a half years ago.
    F*ck it an make it through! 🙂

scaredypants

Fingers crossed for you (all) mark

lungman

My beautiful wife is going through this at the moment, had chemo, mastectomy and starts radio therapy in a few weeks it’s a long, shitty path but the support of friends and strangers, Macmillan nurses and strangely enough online friends have made a great difference to us and during what is un doubtably the worse time of our lives if amazing how humbling some people can be. Stay strong and healing vibes

lungman

Hey Mark rant away as loud as you can

mrchrispy

think of it as an opportunity to kick the smeger square in the happy sacks.
    thats the way I’m going to approach it when it comes calling.
    best of luck
    #fistbump

midlifecrashes

Bugger.

Best of luck.

SaxonRider

My sincere sympathy and best wishes.

This is a good place to find support, so certainly don’t worry about ‘talking twaddle’.

jekkyl

People will likely say I’m being too negative here and shot me down for saying what I’m about to say but if happens to me I’d be realistic. I’ve been through it with 3 close relatives, incl both my parents, and none of them came through it in the end. Some battles were won but in the end the war was lost.
    🙁
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Release any funds you have and go and spend time together now. & make sure you have lots of video of her. All the best matey.

jimdubleyou

There’s a lot of it about unfortunately. My mum found out last week that her breast cancer was metastatic and had spread to her lungs (i.e. incurable).

She’s being stoic about it, but they can’t really give you a prognosis.

Had a few little cries about the shittiness of it all.

Also, loads of people we know of a similar age are having similar issues – two oters with Breast Cancer and a couple of ovarian.

bullheart
    Free Member

Be brave. But remember that you’re allowed to be weak too.

Currently sitting here with the needle in, and the bad stuff flowing….

All the very best,

BH

Klunk
    Free Member

good luck with the treatment and hope it goes well for your partner.

#fuckcancer

anagallis_arvensis

**** Cancer!!
    Good luck to all of you

cjr61

Stay strong dude.

Dad on his third recurrence in 10 yrs… no other option but to use support around you, stick it in a granny ring (metaphor as we are all 1x now of course) and keep going. Long slog.

Push on.

alexxx
    Free Member

Healing vibes from here too – I had some help recently from an internet “friend” and it’s amazing what a difference it can make to you at a critical time – don’t hold back if you need to unleash a torrent of ramblings.

Look after yourselves as best as possible

Pigface
    Free Member

Hugs and best wishes

#fuckcancer

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry to hear the mate. I had similar last year. Keep talking whenever you want to. We’ll be here.

CheesybeanZ

Mark , so sorry to hear this . I’ve been through a bit with cancer – mom dad and sister plus friends . Dont forget to look after yourself .
    Healing vibes .

porter_jamie

Cancer can go **** itself. Pointless nasty shitty thing.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Sorry to hear Mark, all the very best to you and your partner.

Wookster

Bad news mate. Thinking of you both.

Houns

**** it **** that cancer hard

Best wishes to you all

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Twaddle away to your hearts content!

TiRed

Good luck. I sincerely hope all goes well. Cancer has writ large on my family this year. Buy the Morvelo Pink socks.

Twaddle is fine. But talking is good too. Kids are resilient. They’ll keep you busy!

zanelad
    Free Member

Whatever I type seems naff at the moment. Wishing you all the best for the battles ahead.

Lost both my parents to the big C. That was 42 and 32 years ago. The options are much better now so fingers crossed that your partner fares well.

Spud

Thoughts with you both and your family. Can’t add much to what others have said. Mrs Spud is two years post breast cancer, her fabulous team did a great job. It changes your outlook on life. Her mum was told she had terminal earlier in the summer. It sure can flipping do one…

matt_outandabout

I don’t deal with these things well, but I do offer good hugs and a ride if you want.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘That bloody cancer thing’ is closed to new replies.