That awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…

Home Forum Chat Forum That awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • That awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…
  • Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Correct spelling is knob. Idiot! 🙂

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

meh… I was always like that.

Shibboleth

I can’t argue with your insightfulness… Although I feel strangely compelled to try…

Chin up – get dog/cat/orange5/audi/bose/salomon shoes/new shed/wife/woodburner/camper van/boyfriend/Nespresso, then your life will be complete – or maybe not.

I still love ya!

Admitedly I am a racist/homophobe/Tory/journalist/roadie but I like Animals… 😀

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

I try to avoid mixing with others offline any more, as I find myself looking for the flaws in every utterance, and I’m often completely overwhelmed with an irrational need to be right..

Do you also selectively take a few words out of their sentence, quote them back to them out of context then tell them why they’re wrong?

yunki

that STW has turned you into a bit of a nob..

Before I started posting here, I had a tendency towards being a bit animated in a discussion, perhaps even surly on occasion and a wobbly drunk but I had very little to prove..

Now I find myself almost unbearable

I try to avoid mixing with others offline any more, as I find myself looking for the flaws in every utterance, and I’m often completely overwhelmed with an irrational need to be right..

nick1962

Speaking as a former erudite,bibulous,self appointed tap room expert on absolutely everything I blame the advent of the internet.In the good old days there was only enough room for one in your local but the virtual world appears stuffed to the rafters with them.

piemonster

Do you also selectively tell them why they’re wrong?

yunki

In the good old days there was only enough room for one in your local

Because in your local you would be mercilessly bullied (and quite rightly so) until you went home to your wife to bore her with your bellendery..
    She would (quite rightly) start an affair with that bloke down the road who fixes cars, and completely cease to acknowledge your existence..

and you, quite oblivious, would spend all your new found free time now an outcast from the pub, with the local model aeroplane club up on the heath, until Bob Simpkins invites you back to his shed for a look at his 1:12 scale Sopwith Camel, only to drunkenly make a sexual advance after you and he have enjoyed a couple of sherrys whilst self consciously debating the origins of model aircraft building… This prompting you to forgo your model planes and never return to the heath out of embarrassment, and instead to return to the pub as a reformed character, to help bully the next erudite,bibulous,self appointed tap room expert on absolutely everything into submission and all that comes after..

It’s a fairly well documented cycle of events (but I can’t provide links to any peer reviewed studies)

nick1962

Bit different up my way Yunki.One’s self imposed exile from one’s local was much more likely because you got twatted by someone who claimed they knew better.Although they could never really offerany rational argument why beyond their consumption of 8 pints of Stella and the fact that they easily graft all day shifting unfeasibly heavy buckets of ashpalt/cement/plaster 🙂

yunki

that’s kinda what I meant by ‘bullied out the pub’ 😀

Although in Devon, the scenario that you’ve described is also known as ‘a good night out’

Premier Icon xherbivorex
    Subscriber

to be honest, i’ve gone the other way- i used to be a proper bellend, self-righteous, opinionated, elitist and generally an odious human being. then i saw those traits in plenty of folk on here, and saw how ridiculous they are. and i decided it wasn’t worth being like that any more.
    so now, i just don’t care to get involved in stupid crap any more.
    and i feel so much more content for it.
    thanks, STW.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘That awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…’ is closed to new replies.