Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • That £500 Decathlon hardtail
  • Raindog
    Free Member

After asking opinions a couple of weeks ago I steered a friend towards one of these. He did Llandegla red today and thoroughly enjoyed it, bike performed very well apart from the tyres, which gave almost no grip at all (to be fair, the lad in Decathlon Warrington did say the tyres were bad). All in all a good buy, thanks to those that helped.

RustyMac

Poor tyres – try HERE

binners

If after doing Llandegla, all he’s got to criticise is the tyres, I’d say that’s a 500 notes well spent! 🙂

one_bad_mofo

I bought a B’Twin Sport 3 road bike from Decathlon last year and still can’t get over the spec for the £500 I paid for it. 😀

stimpy
    Free Member

Glad to hear he likes the bike Raindog – I’m keen on mine too, for the 500 notes it set me back!

One thing to keep in mind – if the freehub goes (mine took 18mths but I didn’t do any maintenance 😳 then either get a complete new wheel for about £50 from Decathlon or the Pro-Lite Avise freehub body (£15 off CRC) fits lovely!

gribble
    Free Member

I bought a Rockrider 8.2 some 5 years ago, it has been ace. Not the most bling bike, but easily good enough for me and very decent spec. Similar frame to the 5.2, and worth upgrading in my opinion.

I think the tyres on the Decathlon bikes used to be outsourced (mine were Hutchinson), but you can get relatively decent tyres for a few quid of the internet and bin the ones they come with – still better value than much of the competition.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘That £500 Decathlon hardtail’ is closed to new replies.