Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Thankyou to the Dales Bikecentre (Reeth)
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just like to thank Stuart at the Dales bike centre for letting a group of us stay over at very short notice,The hospitality and service was superb,we really enjoyed the stay, and we will all be back soon. 😉

Gary_C

Stayed there a couple of times, & it is superb !

clareymorris

It was sooo good you just coudn’t have planned it.
    Popped up to Reeth for a beer and there was a band on in the Black Bull……..what a night!!!!!!!!!!

lowey

Mmmmmmmmm carrot cake.

d45yth
    Free Member

Yeah, Stu is spot on. Only fault I can find with the bike centre is that they don’t have savoury goods on hand in the cafe (out of hours)! When you’ve come from the pub at 12-1am, you’re not really craving cake. A sausage roll or pork pie would be more like it! 😆

anc
    Free Member

Stu’s a top bloke and the centre is brilliant for a biking hol.

Dan(d45yth) showing his true marra colours! How’s that ankle, you missed a good one up hightstreet yesterday you mincer! :mrgreen:

miketually
    Free Member

They have a lovely lawn too 🙂

RustySpanner

Hmmmm, Brenda does do a lovely line in cake.
    Can never choose between the Lemon Drizzle and the Chocolate Flapjacks.

Off to Gunnerside for a week in October, am already planning the first mid ride snack.
    Bacon buttys aren’t bad either…….mmmmm.

wagenwheel

Stu (or Dale as my girlfriend calls him) is a local mountain biking legend! I sometimes go on the friday night Dales Cycles bike ride (it helps to remind me how unfit I am). Always a nice mix of people, then back to the Bridge Inn for a couple of lemonades and a packet of beef jerky 🙂

willv

Cant agree more. Had my stag do there last year and the black bull rocked every night. Most of us even made breakfast each morning!!

Stu showed us a local ride of the big hill that was awesome

Top Marks to Dales

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I saw Stu perform a perfect Spontanious Frontal Arial Dismount coming down Fremington Edge once, years ago. He was in considerable pain but, as North Easterner, he just ignored it.
    Top bloke who supplies top cake!

Dalesbikecentre

Wow.. Thanks for the kind words from all you good folks. Must stress though I’m(Stu) the grumpy one you all should talk to Mrs DBC (Bren) she’s the real star… really!

Esselgruntfuttock – and you remind me of that everytime you call in here:-)

Clareymorris & GaVgas – How was the ride back on Sunday c/w post BlackBull fuzzyness?

Miketually – Give over.. I know you only want to borrow our new bad boy lawnmower

Rustyspanner – Look forward to seeing you and Mrs Rustyspanner in October

Will – Was it you that spent the night in the Black Bull dressed as a chicken, they still talk about that in there!

Lowey – That’s a point we’ve not had carrot cake for a while, I’ll put a special request in for this weekend

Thanks again everyone, it nice to know we are getting it right. To be honest we bounce of you guys who make the effort to come and see us and fortunatley you’re ACE!

clareymorris

Stu we had a cracking ride home – full on headwind all the way……..only one wrong turn taking us about 2 miles up the wrong Punchard Gill……that certainly blew away the cobwebs!!!! Caught up with Tom in K. Stephen just in time for our lift home. 😀

zokes
    Free Member

+1 here for DBC. Had a great time with two other guys off here a couple of years back. Sadly being down under makes re-visiting a little difficult, but i hope to be back again some day…

BermBandit
    Free Member

Being one of the “two blokes off here” I can only reiterate zokes comment and add that some day all MTB centres will be this way, so as Abe Lincoln once said…..

……this centre, under God, shall have a new birth of cake — and that mtb of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth, while Stu’s Mrs allows him to be nominally in charge

MrGreedy

I can only concur with all the praise above – it’s highly deserved!

You also tend to meet a better class of mountain biker staying there, as I’m sure the last two posters will attest 😉

BermBandit
    Free Member

Very nice of you to say so Greedy… even nicer that you foolishly shared your rather nice whisky!

zokes
    Free Member

Heh! Cheers MrGreedy, and thanks for the whisky! Interestingly, I have some of that English stuff on the go at the moment – it’s rather good actually!

BermBandit
    Free Member

doh! Bloody antipodians getting boozed up in the avo..not cricket 🙄

willv

It twas me i am the chicken………..

We still talk about it too

Drac

Must get heard nothing but praise and the cakes always sound good.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

+1 for DBC
    Had my stag do there.Great place/Great People!!!!!!!!
    Highly recommended!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Thankyou to the Dales Bikecentre (Reeth)’ is closed to new replies.