Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Thankyou to the Bike treks-Orange Demo day today
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just had a great day trying out the fleet of new demo Orange Bikes at Bike Treks today,It was great to try out some exellent, and well set up bikes, with great company on some fantastic trails!

The Famous BT Hospitality ended both sessions (Coffee and Bikies) after heavy showers and some pretty severe winds!!

Nice one. 😉

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Went into Biketreks not knowing it was on. Would have joined in had I known in advance, but I'd finished by then and didn't fancy going out again.

rolymo
    Free Member

what have you ordered then?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Tried the 16ins Alpine 160,on the first session,Loved it!,very very fast on the Loughrigg terrace decent,but a tad on the steep headangle for me,I would prefer a Talas fork on it,for the climbs as well.

The second "wobble" involved some interesting lines down Iron Keld on the new ST4,To be honest I couldent really fault the ride,but the MountainKing tyres let the handeling/grip down totally!
    However that said,taking the bike for what it is,lightweight 4 ins travel xc bike, it was exellent,and does exactly what it says on the tin!

I think for me I still prefer the Five,but I am swaying from a 16 to a 18 frame with a 160 fork.(5"8)
    Talking to the Guys at Orange theres some exiting things happening in the not to distant future,and it looks like I might have to book another demo ride to try out some more bikes soon! 😀

oxnop
    Free Member

I was going to get a alpine 160 a few months ago but decided on a five am with 36 talas and maxle rear it's got a saint gearing, tech m4's and dt Swiss ex1750 wheels. it's built to handle whatever I throw it's way and only weighs around 31lbs. I have never thought I made the wrong choice

GaVgAs
    Free Member

That sounds like my perfect bike oxnop, 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Gav…Paul got his Five after a demo day at Biketreks!
    He has a 16 and absolutely loves it!

Although, he has made a few upgrades… 😈

He really thought I wouldn't notice the red Hope Saw floaters!!! 8)

Andy_K

Hi GaVgAs! I was there too for the demo (red and black gillet) testing a 5. Had a great time even on the Conti's. They were unsuited to the mud, but at least they were progressive when they broke away from their (limited) traction.

MadBillMcMad

Hi GavgAs and Andy_K,

I was there too, rode the ST4 in the morning – excellent.

Then rode a 5 in the afternoon.
    Think now I am after a 5 Pro with a few tweaks (yes tyres included)

The ST4 was really good up & down but I think the 5 will give me that little extra allowance for lack of skill. I was going to demo a Lapierre Zesty as well but not sure I can be bothered now.

jwt
    Free Member

Good old bikedebts, found some old receipts the other day, had to destroy them quick before the mrs saw them…………..

tangent
    Free Member

Interested to know if there were on Orange Bloods out on the demo day?

lol @ "Bikedebts" … have found memories from BITD of visiting mid ride to drool over the amzing frames they would hanging up! Most often including a Yo Eddy etc…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I think the bikes were brought in from the factory as requested by the rider,(through BT) so i dont think it would be a problem,although there were no Orange Bloods there on the day.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Nice one FC 😉

fishboy
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I was there too in the morning, you'll know me as the annoyingly out of shape Jock in the red coat. My humblest apologies for slowing you chaps down with my crap fitness and puncture!

Tried the 20" Five Pro in the morning – great apart from the tyres surprisingly enough. Hope to try the shop's 18" one shortly – couldn't hang around for the afternoon which is a burger really – Iron Keld is a damn fine descent.

Big thanks to all involved, especially Dave for the rapid tube change!

Cheers, Andy.

the_lecht_rocks

i remember Andy in his shed at Greenodd about 20 years ago……wonder if he still has the passion ?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

After a couple of mugs of coffee and several….ahem "Orange" Kit Kats

I would say Yes!, Andy still has the passion..lol 😉

myheadsashed

Alpine 160 has a 'steep head angle' what do you ride normally a chopper!!

rolymo
    Free Member

gav does like it slack.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

ok I meant slack 🙄

Trekster

i remember Andy in his shed at Greenodd about 20 years ago……wonder if he still has the passion ?

Me too…he calls me the Mad Scotsman. Get some funny looks when he shouts that through the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Thankyou to the Bike treks-Orange Demo day today’ is closed to new replies.