Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thanks God for these Nice Chaps at Eighteen Bikes :D
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Descending Jacob’s Ladder towards Hayfield, first downhill of the day when disaster struck.
    Friend all the sudden is feeling much too soft at the rear end of his hardtail.

Quick decision, over the hill to Hope to buy seatpost at Eighteen Bikes.
    Fast forward 12 miles and…
    “nope mate… We only have droppers, no standard 27.2 seatposts I’m afraid…”
    Perspectives are very, very bleak…
    “maybe something in the seconds-thirds-rubbish bin?” – we are clutching to the straws…
    After quick rummage we are gifted with a bit tatty but fully functional RF Response seatpost.
    “Can you please return it next time you are around? No, no monies needed…”

Day saved 😀

Will be there, next weekend with seatpost and nice bottle of beer to say once again BIG-MASSIVE thanks!

Cheers!
    I.

njee20
    Free Member

**looks nervously at New Ultimate post beyond max extension in MTB**

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

very good of them but rather odd not to stock a few standard size seat posts, in that neck of the woods I’d imagine everyone has a dropper and they are known to fail…..

scc999

I’d imagine that if they got people in there regularly wanting 27.2 seatposts, then they’d stck some – after all, they are there to make money!

simonbowns
    Free Member

glad we could help you out OP, we’ll always try.

To be fair mister poddy, I used to keep 27.2/30.9/31.6 and remember taking all of them to Peaty’s Bike Bonanza, where there was still very little interest. Reality is, we rarely sell a seatpost that’s not on a complete bike/bike build. For those few occasions, it’s a dropper.

scc999 – make money? if only. 😉

IvanMTB
    Free Member

simonbowns – Member
    glad we could help you out OP, we’ll always try.

You saved our day ❗

Pale or Dark? Strong or mild? Classic or fancy?

Cheers!
    I.

simonbowns
    Free Member

hehe, anything’s appreciated but something a bit unusual/leftfield would be great. thanks! 🙂

Pook

you’ve still not drunk that Peruvian goat sweat mash I gave you. Malted in the armpits of Quechan shepherdfolk…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That’s just a sticker surely?

simonbowns
    Free Member

Lols Pook, how do you know? Or is it that bad that you know I’ll comment as soon as I do?!

Kahurangi

how do you know

He just keeps an eye on the obituaries.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Mission accomplished 🙂

Beer delivered yesterday. Bon appetit 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Thanks God for these Nice Chaps at Eighteen Bikes :D’ is closed to new replies.