Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • "Thanking you"
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

The use of the word ‘babe’, especially in one-sided phone conversations “Loves ya babe… Loves ya… Bye… Loves ya babe…” FFS finish the **** call you dinny bint,

brakes
    Free Member

“Not bad, yourself?”

see that doesn’t seem too bad to me – as it’s common parlance.
    I was thinking more along the lines of:
    “please could you send that to Trisha and myself”
    or
    “I’m contacting yourselves because I’m bad at grammar”

Houns

A thread has just reminded me of these

Huck, stoked, ripped, gnarly, chapeau, bidon, steed, push iron, pavé

Gargggghh!!!

pingu66
    Free Member

I was introduced to the phrase “high touch” the other day when I asked who had specified and sold the project I am involved in. I was informed that it was Mr X who is very high touch, basically meaning he runs off like a scalded rat as soon as the contract is signed as he is well aware it is practically impossible to deliver said project.

Chillaxe, my girlfreind says this, I swear to God she will get a ****ing axe if she doesn’t stop.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Love a bit o’ variety in language.

To be annoyed by someone rockin up and arksin for a borrow of my pen would be odd.

Language rox!

Cougar

Mrs Toast – Member

“Addicting”

I will end you and all that you love.

Been spending a bit of time on the Android market, have we?

stick_man

What was the name?

instead of…

What is your name?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

“We’re reaching out to all our customers” – kin big arms!! 😯

“a heads up” up what, will it fit and if it gets stuck who’s going to get it out?

scotroutes

I don’t mind bidon. It’s succinct, short and much better than “a bottle designed to fit a carried on a bicycle”.

oldnick

“Are you with me?”

No, because you have no idea how to explain anything to another person 😈

ComradeD
    Free Member

People that say “Boils my pi$$” is worse

bigh
    Free Member

All of the above and “Brillogs”
    I have a customer who just loves saying brillogs in every sentence…****

scaredypants

Brillogs

😯 ??

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The word “drawing” pronounced “drawring” = knitting needle in eye socket.
    “Speaking personally, I think…….” No, no you don’t think. You are an amoeba.

schnor
    Free Member

People who say “y’know”, y’know, in every sentence. It, y’know, makes you sound like a ****, y’know? I now can’t help myself counting every time someone says “y’know” on tv / phone calls / etc 😐

People who say “rail” or “berm”, and if someone says both it makes me die a little inside. And, people who use an upwards inflection at the end of every sentence? Y’know? Should be shot?

Northwind

I have always preferred “Thank you kindly”. Makes me feel like a cowboy.

Hate: People who say “Different tact”. It’s tack! But also, is exclusively used by people who don’t have any tact, let alone multiple different tactful approaches which they can switch between.

busydog
    Free Member

Guy I work with always refers to his house as “I have a “property” adjacent to the wilderness area” —no Robert, you have a fffing house like everyone else on your street.

tomhoward

People who use ‘was’ when they mean ‘were’ or use the word ‘Hun’ as a term of endearment will be the first to the wall in Howard’s Britain.

Followed by the offenders from this thread.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bullst-bingo

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Prostrate cancer……………………

busydog
    Free Member

People who say I had my dog/cat “spaded”

househusband

Kids at school who say ‘jamped’ – as in past tense of ‘jump’.

busydog
    Free Member

another one–people who say “orientated” when they mean “oriented”

househusband

‘Curriculum for Excellence’.

Nuke from orbit and a return to ‘O’ Grades, please.

yunki
    Free Member

what I say mostly is err, dunno like, y’know, I was like, naaaaaaah, innit though.. I get so sick of myself that I have to throw a comic Blaaaaaaad on the end of the sentence occasionally just to let people know that I’m aware of my multiple speech disorders..

for what it’s worth, I think that I’d rather speak to someone with a lot of irritating linguistic tics and something funny or interesting to say than someone who says naff all worth hearing with perfect diction and impeccable vocabulary

scaredypants

busydog – Member
    People who say I had my dog/cat “spaded”

When times are tight, a shovel’s way cheaper than a scalpel

roger_mellie
    Lifer
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    “Not bad, yourself?”
    see that doesn’t seem too bad to me – as it’s common parlance.
    I was thinking more along the lines of:
    “please could you send that to Trisha and myself”
    or
    “I’m contacting yourselves because I’m bad at grammar”

Need a deciding vote…

martinxyz
    Free Member

‘Hell yeah!’

‘Hell’s yeah!’ Shut it, you’re from Dundee, not Austin,Texas.

‘I chit you not, it really happened’

‘I so want one of those’

Bregante

I used to quite like my sister in law. She’s nice. Attractive, Intelligent and funny.

Until….. About two years ago we were out for a family meal. I asked everybody what they would like to drink.

“Can I Get a Vodka Tonic?”

AAAARRRGHHH.

davosaurusrex

Some very unique points have been made on this thread. Chapeau to you all, even those of you who only made slightly unique contributions.

Sandwich

Surveilled, usually by American types. I think you mean watched. Pass me my assault weapon and safety to full auto.

bencooper
    Free Member

When in the States, I always find “momentarily” confusing – if you mean “soon” then say so.

Meanwhile, ken, some bits of Scotland, ken, have inhabitants, ken, that put “ken” several times in every sentence, ye ken?

Northwind

bencooper – Member

Meanwhile, ken, some bits of Scotland, ken, have inhabitants, ken, that put “ken” several times in every sentence, ye ken?

More progressive areas do the same with ****iinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I heard an entire sentence that was just that one word, stretched out to be about 40 seconds long, and his mates seemed to take great meaning from it.

user-removed
    Free Member

Supernanny; “… it’s just not asseptable behaviour”

DIE, SUPERNANNY DIE!

Someone must have corrected her as she didn’t mispronounce it in the last series.

And +1 for ‘yourself’ and ‘myself’ used as, “Well in regards to yourself, we’ve decided to make an exception”

I AM USING SWEAR FILTER AVOIDANCE BY TYPING IN CAPITALS!111!

cheez0
    Free Member

assault Weapon

its a **** gun

julianwilson
    Free Member

One of supervisors (as in not quite my actual boss) frequently employs the phrase “it is what it is”. 👿

jimification
    Free Member

Bloke in front of me in Subway: “Can I get a 6″ tuna?“. I was really disappointed not to hear: “You stay where you are, mate! – I’m the one making the subs here“.

Put him in the sub oven!

jimification
    Free Member

I interviewed someone for a position as a 3D artist at our company recently. With a straight face, the candidate turned to me and asked: “So…what software are you rocking here?

…Had me reaching for the button that drops them into the shark tank.

Sandwich

gun

Strictly speaking it’s a rifle of some sort due to the spiral in the barrel. But I’ll let it pass 😉

aye-aye
    Free Member

“At the end of the day, it is what it is and it does what it says on the tin”

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘"Thanking you"’ is closed to new replies.