Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thank you STW
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

So a few months ago I posted a topic asking for some advice about leaving teaching. I really wanted to hear other peoples experiences about leaving the profession, as all my friends are pretty much teachers, all moan about it, but have not taken the step to leave.

So after everyone’s advice and stories, it gave me the kick to realise there is life outside of teaching.

This morning I was offered the job with the local Heritage & History charity as their learning officer across their sites. I obviously took it, even though there was a big pay cut, but life is too short to be unhappy in a job you do not want to do.

Just wanted to thank those who commented and gave me the confidence to actually step away from the profession. STW, you are awesome….mostly 😉

binners

Congratulations mrwhyte!! That’s great news!

Mrs Binners took a big pay cut last year – with an accompanying reduction in stress – do a job she absolutely loves, also in the charity sector.

You soon adapt to a bit less cash. It is only money. But having an immeasurably happier, and stress-free household you can’t put a price on

Enjoy! 😀

SaxonRider

Fantastic! Well done for taking the risk, and landing on your feet.

Otherwise, everything binners said.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Congratulations! Sounds like a good decision!

slackalice
    Free Member

Be true to yourself. 8)

We make our own world 😀

Well done mrwhyte! 😀

tthew

I wish my missis would do this. She works in a school, where they treat the staff like shit. She moans about it a lot, but won’t hand in her notice.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I wish you well Mr Whyte, I hope the new job works out well for you.
    I teach in a secondary school. Almost everyone I work with is considering leaving. Several have and that just makes the stresses and strains more unbearable. I have been teaching for nearly twenty years, I don’t do it for the pay, or the holidays, or any of the other things that people suggest teachers choose teaching – I do it because I believe there is little more important in enabling, a rewarding and fulfilling life.
    However, whilst the job has always been non-stop busy, there was a time when this was to ensure you were doing a good job. Now, with constant change for change sake, ridiculous idea after ridiculous idea, etc etc. – everybody is working flat out, with no time to do their actual job properly. If so, why continue? – for me at the moment, I fear it’s just a mixture of inertia and fear.
    I wish you well!

Pz_Steve

Congrats Mr Whyte. Welcome to “the museums sector”…

Wookster

Awesome!!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I feel so much better knowing I won’t be back in a traditional classroom. I wanted to still do something worthwhile and with a subject I am passionate about.

Looking forward to being part of the ‘museum sector’! 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

Sounds like we’re down one very good teacher. 🙁
    Good luck! 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve worked in charities and heritage for many years.
    I’ve really enjoyed it.

Am currently moving on (at uni studying brewing) but I don’t regret any of the 10 years I spent doing that work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Thank you STW’ is closed to new replies.