Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TF Coil Pike users – can someone do me a favour?
  • legend
    Free Member

Maybe a long shot, not sure how many users there are here. If someone could measure the length of a 160mm travel spring and let me know, it would be very much appreciated!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m one but have 150mm travel forks…can measure that if you like? I would imagine the 160mm spring would be 10mm longer.

legend
    Free Member

I like that level of science. That’d be good thanks!

LAT

I think it is the spaces between the coils that disappear when the spring is compressed, the spring is still there so you’ll need to account for that too. That said, I’m not sure if you’re joking.

Neb

I’m pretty sure it’s 300-310mm.

If you’re interested, the marzocchi 55 rc3 titanium springs fit, as do the fox 36 springs.

The fox 36 spring in mine just needed 1 less spacer and it was fine

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I assumed you meant the length of a uncompressed spring and my 150mm spring form my Pike TF Tuned kit measures in at 31cm.

I assume a 160mm spring would simply be 10mm longer, but the spring is pre-loaded when installed so that is assuming the 150mm kit pre-loads the same as the 160mm kit…no reason to assume it doesn’t, but you never know.

The pre-load washer you install is about 6 to 8mm thick maybe from memory…it could be as much as 10mm thick, I can’t quite remember.

legend
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I’m just looking to replace a spring from a CR Conception kit. Could get one from France (when he’s back from standard French summer hols!), but figured TF might be easier if they’re the same size (although the Marzocchi/Fox idea is a good one too!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TF Coil Pike users – can someone do me a favour?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.