Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tested and not Covid but it’s something
  • chrisyork

So about 3 weeks ago, I started developing symptoms of very runny nose for 12 hours, then next day metallic taste when eating tea and terrible nausea. Tested as missus works for NHS and came back negative. All those symptoms went but what stayed was in the evening my throat starts getting a bit sore and have to keep drinking water to calm it, also constantly have to clear my throat and can feel it’s congested and I have a wheezy cough. It’s been happening for three weeks now!

I eat well, drink enough, exercise (12 mile ride today and generally keep fit…

Has anyone else had the same? Boring topic I know but it’s droning on for weeks now! I feel fine, it’s just the above symptoms…. we’re working on a doer upper house which was dusty and dirty but that has subsided now I’d say

ferrals
    Free Member

Hay fever? It’s been savage for a lot of people this year and is normally worse when the dew comes down

chrisyork

I should’ve mentioned, I have none allergic rhinitis too which means I have to take hayfever pills twice a day or symptoms like a cold just come back.

I manage it so long as I keep taking them, but hayfever was a good shout!

joepud
    Free Member

+1 for hayfever. Heard this year it’s been extra bad and personally I ha<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>ve struggled way more and for longer into the year than previous</span>

colournoise

Apart from the wheezy cough that sounds like me since about March this year. Horrible persistent postnasal drip leading to a throat clearing wet cough. I do suffer similar hayfever symptoms but it normally clears up by June at the latest. Not this year (although July and August were better). Just picked up a cold last week which has trebled my snot production and brought the mucus cough back…

(I also have perennial non-allergic rhinitis)

eskay

We were having a discussion similar to this earlier. My wife is a nurse and a colleague of hers has had covid type symptoms for around 3 months and cannot work due to severe fatigue.

She has tested negative 3 times.

I guess 18 months ago the gp would have just said she has a virus…..

CountZero

I had some sort of flu-like virus some years back, started like a regular cold, but got into my sinuses and I never thought a human head could produce so much green goo! Like someone had opened a wormhole from the largest ocean on Planet Snot and planted the other end just between my eyes, I was going through a loo roll a day, blowing my nose and trying to clear my head, and then it got down onto my chest. Started around Christmas, and it finally started to clear in March. I’ve had flu, and it wasn’t that, I spent a week in bed, and little recollection of anything of that week, it’s completely lost to me, so I have little tolerance of anyone walking around who complains about having flu, but whatever it was I did have conspired to make three months of being thoroughly miserable.
    Hope whatever it is clears up quickly and you feel better soon.

chrisyork

Wow really interesting to hear others suffering with similar and worse, I hoped it’d be the case. I also had swollen sinuses and sinus pain back when it was it’s worst but that disappeared after the champion two days of snot blowout.

Right now I feel absolutely fine apart from just having to clear my throat just then…but you can guarantee I’ll wake up with a very slight sore throat and be clearing it again and need to drink more water than usual to clear it. Does sound like it’s possibly actual hayfever then… I do live rurally and there’s lots of farming going on around here at the moment so does make sense!!

Hope everyone else’s symptoms clear up, it’s not stopping me doing anything apart from seeing my dad for his birthday as didn’t want to pass what I had on…but sounds like just one of those things I’ll have to live with and get my dads birthday booked back in, can’t wait til winter then!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tested and not Covid but it’s something’ is closed to new replies.