Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Test Valley Tour – Cool MTB Challenge
  • ecksee
    Free Member

Hi all

Thinking of signing up for the above, has anyone done it before?

Just looking for some idea of what level of fitness would be required and how muddy it gets (currently running Specialized Fast Trak Sport tyres which don’t do so well when it gets slippy).

Any other pointers welcome.

Cheers

Muke
    Free Member

Depends upon the weather, I did it last year and although nice on the day the course was very wet and muddy in places but still enjoyed it. I saw people of all fitness levels from racing snakes to wide saddle puffers and as it’s not a race so you can just pootle along at your own pace if you want.

Yak

Any fitness. There are a few hills, nothing too tough though. Yes it will probably be muddy in places, but there will also be lots of dry hardpack and some road too. I did it on mud x’s last year, but would have been fine on quicker tyres too. Don’t worry about the tyres unless it going to be really wet before the event.

Conespanner

It’s earlier in the calendar, I think (without checking)this year and around here there’s a good chance the ground could be hard still. This summer’s one was the muddiest one I had ever done, particularly in the woods.

You don’t need any kind of fitness and if you feel left behind you can always do a shorter route.

ecksee
    Free Member

Thanks all

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Test Valley Tour – Cool MTB Challenge’ is closed to new replies.