Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Test rode a Bombtrack Hook EXT -C today
  • burko73

I’m lucky to have a great local bike shop. Problem is every time I walk past there’s something nice in there.

Admiring a Bombtrack Hook extc in there and as luck, there’s a demo model In my size ready to go.

Took it out for a couple of hrs of fire roads and bridleways this afternoon.

It’s nice. Light and stiff. Sram rival 1 was nice but I couldn’t help feeling it was let down by the tyres. 650b 2.1 nanos with wire beads and tubes on hunt wheels.

My steel gravel bike rolls on cheapo love mud 700 wheels with 40c nanos tubeless.

I didn’t think the 650b tyres were more comfy as I guess the pressure was higher to make them less draggy? Difficult to tell as the whole bike is so different to my steel escapade.

Nice and light and stealthy wit( loads of potential for different builds for different purposes.

Anyone had one, got one, ridden one? Anyone got the frame set and used 700c wheels? Will take 700×46 apparently!

scaredypants

I’m lucky to have a great local bike shop

Name’n’shame, then !!

burko73

Woods cyclery. A bike ride from where I live. Great shop. Been open a couple of yrs and doing well. Good to see but dangerous to cycle past!

curto80
    Free Member

Love that shop! Seen that bike in there a few times and gazed at it lustfully!

johnnystorm
    pigyn
    Free Member

They look great, both the bike and the shop 😁 did they have a Brother MehTeh kicking around?

Honestly though, who sets up a demo bike with tubes? They would be coming right off and a nice set of nanos or some skinwall schwalbes going on instead. Demos gotta be tubeless! 😜

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Test rode a Bombtrack Hook EXT -C today’ is closed to new replies.