• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tesco cranberry cashoo and raisin bread
  • redmex
    Free Member

I know there are a few artisan bakers on here but this loaf for £1.80 is not too bad with good butter

PiknMix
    Free Member

Bless you.

frankconway

Sounds *interesting*

doris5000

I love that stuff! Which is why I can’t buy it too often, because I could probably do most of a loaf in one sitting…

eyestwice
    Free Member

Bless you. Fruit in bread or cheese is sacrilege. Discuss.

doris5000

Motion for the defence:

Fruit improves bread. The more fruit you add, the better it gets, until you end up at the pinnacle: a fruitcake.

Flaperon

I see your fruitcake and raise you the hot cross bun.

doris5000

Also a very fine fruit/bread hybrid.

I bet eyestwice is considering the error of his ways now…

ElShalimo

The pinnacle of fruity breadyness is Dundee Cake !

PiknMix
    Free Member

I see your fruitcake and raise you the hot cross bun.

I see your hot cross bun and raise you the Selkirk Bannock.

thepurist

Fruit in bread or cheese is sacrilege. Discuss.

Amen brother. The closest fruit should get to bread and cheese is the apple that comes with your ploughman’s.

Fruit in cake though, well that’s obviously to be encouraged.

welshfarmer

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the Bara Brith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bara_brith

the pinnacle of fruity breadiness.

LeeW

Was just about to post about Bara Brith Welsh Farmer, probably my favourite type of fruit cake.

ads678

Amen brother. The closest fruit should get to bread and cheese is the apple that comes with your ploughman’s.

You know that there is still bread and cheese without fruit in, on sale in shops!

Its a wonderful world we live in where people come up with new ideas and make them available for all to purchase, but the original stuff stays available as well, so the narrow minded among us can also be ‘happy’.

😉

thepurist

Its a wonderful world we live in where people come up with new ideas and make them available for all to purchase, but the original stuff stays available as well, so the narrow minded among us can also be ‘happy’.

Pfft. Its also a wonderful world where you have the freedom to try a multitude of the various abominable combinations of fruit with cheese or bread and come to the right and proper conclusion that you are unlikely to find a situation where the mixing improves on the underlying base. Vive la difference!

matt_outandabout

Cheese in breads is completely acceptable.

Fruit is just odd. Get a cake.

Fruit and nut in a loaf. Get out.

mmmm, Dundee Cake.

BenjiM

Whilst not a massive fruit cheese fan, our new Wensleydale and Pineapple has been selling like mad, it’s bonkers and our biggest selling additive cheese is our Charcoal Briquette! Madness!

Lester
    Free Member

I have the same bread, absolutely lovely, could easily eat a whole loaf in one evening.

I have it with either beurre d`isigny or goatsbutter

ElShalimo

I’m glad that nobody has mentioned the weird practice of putting a slice of cheese on a fruit cake, or a Xmas cake.

it’s an abomination !!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m glad that nobody has mentioned the weird practice of putting a slice of cheese on a fruit cake, or a Xmas cake.

it’s an abomination !!

Get out. You are clearly not from God’s Own Country.

I also like strawberry jam and cheese on toast.

kilo

Mmmm, fruit soda bread was a childhood treat on our house. Barmbrack remains a top choice as well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tesco cranberry cashoo and raisin bread’ is closed to new replies.