Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Terrorists on a train….
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Would have thought they could at least put armoured bulkheads and doors on the drivers cabin.

It’s not that hard to derail a train though, so it won’t stop determined attackers causing a derailment.

project
    Free Member

I hate it when people use jargon or acronyms when they know other people won’t know what they stand for.
    Yes, I’m looking at you project.

RAIB, rail accident investigation branch, investigates accidents and publishes their reports and recomenndations,

AWS, automatic warning system that alerts drivers to colour/aspect of signal in front of them, bell and klaxon, now being changed to more electronic sounds,

TPWS, automatic train protection system, as above but more expensive, both can be isolated by the driver,

SPAD, signal passed at danger ,eg a red aspect,red signals control the stopping of a train before junctions, the train in front, conflicting movements by other trains, single line workng, and terminal stations and other incidents.

Passcom, passenger comunication device, either a handle, lever button or chain, used to comunicate to the guard/driver the train needs to be stopped, the driver can over ride the alarm, but should apply the emergency brake in a station environmnet if activated, probably because someone is trapped in a door or fallen under a train.

cybicle
    Free Member

Only 34 Islamist attacks have been thwarted in the UK since 7/7.

How do you know they were all ‘Islamist’? The actual information on offer in our media claims ’34 terror plots* were thwarted’, and there is no information as to the motivations/culture/religion of the alleged ‘plotters’, so I’m curious as to why you claim that ’34 Islamist attacks* have been thwarted’.

*’Plot’ and ‘attack’ are different words. Quite an important point, this.

Northwind

It’s about symbolism, isn’t it? Like, the Glasgow airport attack, drive an SUV full of “bomb” into an airport. That SUV ended up being, statistically, less deadly than the average one. If you want to kill people with a big car, the best thing to do is just drive at high speed through a pedestrian precinct or mount a load of pavements but that’s just not terrorific enough- they want to attack a big western symbol.

(I think the randomness of SUV-ramming would be scarier personally, like the american sniper fellers, nowhere’s safe. But I guess it plays less well in terrorism board meetings, everyone’s got their vanity projects.)

cybicle
    Free Member

Terrorific

*Likes*

lcj

Muke – Member
    Rubber dinghy rapids, bro

But what if the hijacked train flew into a flock of crows?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

watch the movie unstoppable.

DO NOT DO THIS

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Everyone in this thread is now on a government watchlist

winston_dog
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered how much chaos could be caused by a team of synchronised suicide truck bombers taking out strategic junctions of the M25

Not just the M25, take out the M6 at Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester, M8 in Glasgow at the same time. Now that would really cause some problems.

molgrips
    Free Member

take out the M6 at Bristol

That’d take some doing!

Northwind

winston_dog – Member

M8 in Glasgow at the same time.

I’m reasonably sure this happens every day.

Muke
    Free Member

But what if the hijacked train flew into a flock of crows?

Good point

epicyclo

umop3pisdn – Member
    Everyone in this thread is now on a government watchlist

Just the other day we celebrated the failure of religious terrorist extremists to blow up our government.

The organisation concerned has a network throughout this country and is currently masterminded by an Argentinian and previously by an ex-member of the Hitler Youth.

I hope MI5 are keeping a close eye on them – it must be coming up for time for them to have another go.

And worst of all, a lot of train drivers are members… 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Terrorists on a train….’ is closed to new replies.