Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Reports of explosions and injuries coming in….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    dabble
    Free Member

Breaking News!Edit: too slow

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dark-Side

Shit. Just seen this on the BBC

speckledbob
    Free Member

Oh dear.
    Sounds quite bad

sambob
    Free Member

Awful.

piemonster

Grim

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dear God….

dabble
    Free Member

pictures on bbc24 news channel are pretty bad

dirtyrider
    Free Member

theboringrunner has finished and safe if anyone follows his twitter

racefaceec90

😯

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s still time to remove that picture if you like. You know, to respect the dignity of some people who may be no longer with us.

CaptJon
    Free Member

A NSFL warning would be nice on the thread given the above image.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Awful news

singletrackmind

post reported for obvious reasons

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

^agree with paulosoxo

Was it a holiday in the US today? Monday for a major marathon?

yossarian
    Free Member

Horrible scenes

A NSFL warning would be nice on the thread given the above image.

I guess if you open a thread like this it might not be pleasant.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Thanks, Modz)

matt_outandabout

🙁
    (thanks mods)

crazy-legs

There’s still time to remove that picture if you like. You know, to respect the dignity of some people who may be no longer with us.

It’s no worse than anything the 24hr news channels are putting out.

In fact, I refuse to look at rolling news channels at times like this, not cos of the pictures but because they haven’t got a clue what’s happening so speculate wildly while seeking out ever more vivid images or interviews with anyone even remotely connected to the event.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Awful news and some pretty grim photos on Twitter and the BBC. Thoughts are with those involved 🙁

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It was an unpleasant image, but such carnage is an everyday event in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Iraq, among other places; yet is rarely reported in the western media.

My thoughts are with the injured, and those dealing with the event.

busydog
    Free Member

Was it a holiday in the US today

I think today is a local Boston area holiday, Patriot’s Day, so probably more people in the area than a normal workday.

unklehomered
    Free Member

awwwww shit.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Merde

busydog
    Free Member

It was bound to happen at some event like that—we always expect the worst at things like Super-Bowl, Mardi Gras, etc., but I’d expect that it would be easier to attack something like the Boston Marathon. Just saw a report flash that another “explosive device” was found at a nearby hotel.

speculate wildly while seeking out ever more vivid images or interviews with anyone even remotely connected to the event.

That is what seems to be going on at the moment, with lot’s of “unconfirmed” reports

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It was an unpleasant image, but such carnage is an everyday event in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Iraq, among other places; yet is rarely reported in the western media.

My thoughts are with the injured, and those dealing with the event.

Completely irrelevant. There’s people die on the roads everyday, babies who don’t make it out the delivery suite, I could go on. It still doesn’t make it acceptable to post all over a biking forum.

kimbers

there were a series of coordinated bombs across iraq today wild speculation may be that its related, although I suppose could just as easily be domestic

spchantler
    Free Member

what the f is wrong with people. b@st@rds.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fox News has its priorities right – reporting on Stocks falling as soon as news hit Wall Street. 😐

Lifer
    Free Member

busydog – Member
    Just saw a report flash that another “explosive device” was found at a nearby hotel.

Balls, was hoping it was an accident of some kind. Thoughts with anyone involved.

mt
    Free Member

Sad sad sad.

CaptJon
    Free Member

News from police feed: https://twitter.com/911BUFF

Kevevs
    Free Member

People just trying to do a run ffs! 🙁

busydog
    Free Member

Balls, was hoping it was an accident of some kind

We were hoping that here as well, but Mrs Busydog just heard a report (unconfirmed) that what caused many of the injuries was ball bearings sprayed out, similar to a Claymore mine.

Lifer
    Free Member

busydog – Member
    Mrs Busydog just heard a report (unconfirmed) that what caused many of the injuries was ball bearings sprayed out, similar to a Claymore mine.

I really hope not.

warton
    Free Member

BBC are reporting 2 dead, although my nephew in Boston is telling me 3.

Thankfully my sister and family are all safe. Boston’s a beautiful city, very peaceful and chilled. awful scenes, and it doesn’t seem real, I’ve walked down that street a few times

althepal

Have seen a vid online and when it goes off you see on or two random runners going to ground looking confused/hurt- that would be explained if there was ball bearings packed around the bombs..
    As per the comments above- think theres too much sensationalist footage when these things happen, and I appreciate that I have encouraged it by watching some of it. Will prob watch the 10pm news to check whats hapening- hopefully wont have anything too gruesome on it.
    Jeezo- mental.
    More mental that folk continued running through the smoke to get to the finishline afterwards, can only assume they didnt realise what was happening.. hopefully.

Dark-Side

Two more devices found at scene

AndyRT
    Free Member

Do they have any idea who did it? Not that it changes the raw savage stupidity of killing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?’ is closed to new replies.