Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?

Home Forum Chat Forum Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?
  • Dark Side

Shit. Just seen this on the BBC

bikebouy

Dear God….

dabble

pictures on bbc24 news channel are pretty bad

dirtyrider

theboringrunner has finished and safe if anyone follows his twitter

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

There’s still time to remove that picture if you like. You know, to respect the dignity of some people who may be no longer with us.

CaptJon

A NSFL warning would be nice on the thread given the above image.

post reported for obvious reasons

^agree with paulosoxo

Was it a holiday in the US today? Monday for a major marathon?

yossarian

Horrible scenes

A NSFL warning would be nice on the thread given the above image.

I guess if you open a thread like this it might not be pleasant.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

🙁
    (thanks mods)

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

There’s still time to remove that picture if you like. You know, to respect the dignity of some people who may be no longer with us.

It’s no worse than anything the 24hr news channels are putting out.

In fact, I refuse to look at rolling news channels at times like this, not cos of the pictures but because they haven’t got a clue what’s happening so speculate wildly while seeking out ever more vivid images or interviews with anyone even remotely connected to the event.

whatnobeer

Awful news and some pretty grim photos on Twitter and the BBC. Thoughts are with those involved 🙁

It was an unpleasant image, but such carnage is an everyday event in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Iraq, among other places; yet is rarely reported in the western media.

My thoughts are with the injured, and those dealing with the event.

busydog

Was it a holiday in the US today

I think today is a local Boston area holiday, Patriot’s Day, so probably more people in the area than a normal workday.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

awwwww shit.

busydog

It was bound to happen at some event like that—we always expect the worst at things like Super-Bowl, Mardi Gras, etc., but I’d expect that it would be easier to attack something like the Boston Marathon. Just saw a report flash that another “explosive device” was found at a nearby hotel.

speculate wildly while seeking out ever more vivid images or interviews with anyone even remotely connected to the event.

That is what seems to be going on at the moment, with lot’s of “unconfirmed” reports

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

It was an unpleasant image, but such carnage is an everyday event in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Iraq, among other places; yet is rarely reported in the western media.

My thoughts are with the injured, and those dealing with the event.

Completely irrelevant. There’s people die on the roads everyday, babies who don’t make it out the delivery suite, I could go on. It still doesn’t make it acceptable to post all over a biking forum.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

there were a series of coordinated bombs across iraq today wild speculation may be that its related, although I suppose could just as easily be domestic

spchantler

what the f is wrong with people. b@st@rds.

Fox News has its priorities right – reporting on Stocks falling as soon as news hit Wall Street. 😐

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

busydog – Member
    Just saw a report flash that another “explosive device” was found at a nearby hotel.

Balls, was hoping it was an accident of some kind. Thoughts with anyone involved.

mt

Sad sad sad.

Kevevs

People just trying to do a run ffs! 🙁

busydog

Balls, was hoping it was an accident of some kind

We were hoping that here as well, but Mrs Busydog just heard a report (unconfirmed) that what caused many of the injuries was ball bearings sprayed out, similar to a Claymore mine.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

busydog – Member
    Mrs Busydog just heard a report (unconfirmed) that what caused many of the injuries was ball bearings sprayed out, similar to a Claymore mine.

I really hope not.

warton

BBC are reporting 2 dead, although my nephew in Boston is telling me 3.

Thankfully my sister and family are all safe. Boston’s a beautiful city, very peaceful and chilled. awful scenes, and it doesn’t seem real, I’ve walked down that street a few times

Premier Icon althepal
    Subscriber

Have seen a vid online and when it goes off you see on or two random runners going to ground looking confused/hurt- that would be explained if there was ball bearings packed around the bombs..
    As per the comments above- think theres too much sensationalist footage when these things happen, and I appreciate that I have encouraged it by watching some of it. Will prob watch the 10pm news to check whats hapening- hopefully wont have anything too gruesome on it.
    Jeezo- mental.
    More mental that folk continued running through the smoke to get to the finishline afterwards, can only assume they didnt realise what was happening.. hopefully.

Dark Side

Two more devices found at scene

Reports of explosions and injuries coming in….

Premier Icon AndyRT
    Subscriber

Do they have any idea who did it? Not that it changes the raw savage stupidity of killing.

CaptJon

There are some links to live police feeds here is anyone is interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1cen7i/explosion_at_the_boston_marathon/?sort=top

It makes an interesting contrast to the mix of wild speculation on twitter and the TV repeating the same info over and over.

robdixon

Awful news from Boston – gutted that people many of whom were running for charity appear have been targeted.. it’s even more evil than usual.

Meanwhile in the UK the latest quartet of home grown nutjobs have just been found guilty of planning bombings – adding to the 300+ that have convicted of similar offences since the London Tube bombings. We’re very lucky to have security services that seem to have managed to keep a lid on this sort of madness for the last few years.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/al-qaeda-gangs-plot-to-attack-army-base-with-toy-car-bomb-8573769.html

busydog

running through the smoke to get to the finishline afterwards

That struck me as odd as well. One woman who crossed the finish line in the cloud of smoke appeared to be looking at her watch as if she was checking her completion time.

CaptJon

busydog – Member
    That struck me as odd as well. One woman who crossed the finish line in the cloud of smoke appeared to be looking at her watch as if she was checking her completion time.

Shock.

warton

3rd bomb has gone off at a library 🙁

This is awful.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Terrorist attack at Boston marathon?’ is closed to new replies.