Viewing 18 posts - 641 through 658 (of 658 total)
  • Terrorism
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Do people in Iran have the same level of empathy for Europeans when they are attacked as Europeans do for each other, or is there a similar disassociation?

I have no idea, but does that matter? shouldnt we love all nationalities and races, and not just the ones who are culturally similar to ourselves?

rmacattack
    Free Member

Another stabbing reported. 3 women shouting Allah stabed a nursery worker.

jimjam
    Free Member

trailwagger

I have no idea, but does that matter?

It doesn’t matter as to whether we should or shouldn’t feel empathy, of course we should, ideally. But it’s relevant if we can’t and they can’t because of how our societies function and how our minds work. It’s human nature to be more concerned with things closer to home.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailwagger
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter as to whether we should or shouldn’t feel empathy, of course we should, ideally. But it’s relevant if we can’t and they can’t because of how our societies function and how our minds work. It’s human nature to be more concerned with things closer to home.

So Americans feeling empathy for the uk from 4200 miles away is not the same as UK feeling empathy for Iranians 4000 miles away?

jimjam
    Free Member

trailwagger

So Americans feeling empathy for the uk from 4200 miles away is not the same as UK feeling empathy for Iranians 4000 miles away?

You shouldn’t need me to explain to you why Brits and Americans might consider themselves similar, or culturally linked. Let me ask, do you feel exactly the same level of shock/sorrow/empathy for victims of this terror attack in Iran as you do or did for victims of the Manchester bombing?

trailwagger
    Free Member

You shouldn’t need me to explain to you why Brits and Americans might consider themselves similar, or culturally linked. Let me ask, do you feel exactly the same level of shock/sorrow/empathy for victims of this terror attack in Iran as you do or did for victims of the Manchester bombing?

Actually, Yes I do. And the ones in Turkey and Pakistan and everywhere else. They are innocent victims of terrorism just like the ones in Manchester.

If you do not, just because they are further away then maybe you should think again. These victims have families and children who will suffer loss just the same as an English person.

BoardinBob

rmacattack – Member
    Another stabbing reported. 3 women shouting Allah stabed a nursery worker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40189916

The force is not treating it as a terrorist incident.

jimwah
    Free Member

Does a gun suddenly compel you to murder?

“The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.”

gobuchul
    Free Member

Actually, Yes I do. And the ones in Turkey and Pakistan and everywhere else. They are innocent victims of terrorism just like the ones in Manchester.

If you do not, just because they are further away then maybe you should think again. These victims have families and children who will suffer loss just the same as an English person.

Well you have reached a higher level of enlightenment than the vast majority of us.

People are just not wired like that.

When the Manchester bombing happened, both Mrs Gob and myself were shocked and upset, however, she was more upset than me as it’s her home town.

When the London Bridge attack, it seemed very close to home and more shocking to me, as I used to regularly commute into London Bridge Station and knew the area well.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m going to throw these vids into the mix:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcMW6RmC_w[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEUxA6ud50&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Once again, there is a simple solution tomorrow:

David Cameron vowed to crack down on offshore tax evasion – so why has it disappeared from the Tory manifesto?

The Tories have pledged to scrap the Serious Fraud Office, moving its work to the National Crime Agency

In all the election noise, you are unlikely to have heard anything about a paragraph appearing on the 124th page of the Labour Manifesto – even though it is a manifesto pledge that could transform the world in a truly fundamental way.

The pledge commits the Labour Party to lift the veil of secrecy covering the UK’s Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories – some of the largest tax havens and secrecy jurisdictions in the world. This will be done by “introducing strict standards for transparency for Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories, including a public register of owners, directors, major shareholders and beneficial owners for all companies and trusts.”

Wanna check for yourself?

Tada:

http://www.labour.org.uk/…/ma…/Labour%20Manifesto%202017.pdf

grum
    Free Member

Put me down as another one who doesn’t think people are more important just because they are white, speak English and/or live close to me.

jimjam
    Free Member

grum

Put me down as another one who doesn’t think people are more important just because they are white, speak English and/or live close to me.

So you feel equal empathy for every human on earth do you?

CountZero

I have no idea, but does that matter? shouldnt we love all nationalities and races, and not just the ones who are culturally similar to ourselves?

Put me down as another one who doesn’t think people are more important just because they are white, speak English and live close to me.

So you feel equal empathy with every human on earth do you

Not you I don’t, no; those who are deserving of it due to circumstances, yes.

jimjam
    Free Member

CountZero

those who are deserving of it due to circumstances, yes.

Ah so you’re omniscient as well as capable of having love for all (except people who you disagree with on forums). So very impressive.

theotherjonv

Not terrorism, but scuffle with armed police ends with policewoman and two bystanders shot by her own weapon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40258353

jimjam
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive – Member

What could this footage of Boris squirming and blatantly feeling very uncomfortable due to questions asked about the unreleased Home Office report into terrorist funding mean?

(You have to click link, because I can’t find a youtube version to embed)

That awkward moment when your economy is reliant on weapons exports and your number one customer is also the number one sponsor of terrorism and just for good measure they sponor the mosques and train the Imams who will be interpreting the troublesome texts for generations to come.

Viewing 18 posts - 641 through 658 (of 658 total)

The topic ‘Terrorism’ is closed to new replies.