Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Terrible wall, brilliant bike, more Jones content….
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Big thanks to Biff for sorting out the test ride and Just Riding Along for building the front wheel ridiculously quickly to satisfy my impatience!

First ride this morning and I love it. For any of the taller guys it has been said many times before but ignore the sizing and try one, I’m 6ft 3 and find it perfect with a 100mm stem and jeffs weird bars…..truly brilliant bike.

rascal
    Free Member

Glad you like it 🙂
    I personally don’t get the Jones thing at all though 😕

sbob
    Free Member

What’s it like for wheelies?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    duntstick
    Free Member

Pull us a wheelie

Edit; haha , too slow, damn 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

Errr wheelies very well thanks.

duntstick
    Free Member

Pics or it never happened

jameso

looking good.

robowns
    Free Member

I personally don’t get the Jones thing at all though

+1 I’m afraid 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

the Ti ones ride lovely, that needs a wide/narrow ring so you can lose the chain device, it’s spoiling the lines

qwerty
    Free Member

Is that a 26″ fat front & a 29″ rear?

Gotama
    Free Member

I don’t get it

Depends if you like riding rigid I guess. Where I live (surrey hils) the terrain is generally pretty smooth, the jumps generally quite small and its short ups and downs so after riding a number of bikes, full sus and so called hardcore hardtails, I have more fun on the rigid. As an extension from that the jones with a fat front is the most fun rigid I’ve ever ridden, quite happy chasing after mates on 4-5 inch travel bikes, slower in parts but I’m not racing and sure as hell couldn’t care less about strava. Plus I can get it out the shed and put it back in again without being frustrated that my rp23 has cavitated, the fork crown is creaking, my seal change hasn’t been done etc…..

Rocket dog – yes it has a works chain ring but I know a couple of guys that have been riding xx1 for ages and they drop their chain when the ring has worn. Given hat it gets thrown around on the rigid I’ve gone for security. Appreciate aesthetics though.

And yes, fat 26″ front, 29 rear

b45her
    Free Member

could you do a pic without the bike? that monstrosity is spoiling the view of the wall.

mt
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, good reasons for selecting it. Am considering a similar solution to the to a slightly different problem, have time to fit short rides in through the winter in day light but not the time to clean and faff. A quick chain lube and in the shed is the way forward. Simple.

aa
    Free Member

thumbs up from me.
    I totally understand your riding ‘style’. Fun ain’t measured in times or speed.
    Hope you have loads of fun on it. It’s a nice looking thing.

Gotama
    Free Member

MT – we have an 8 week old baby which means time is short for me as well and therefore another plus of the rigid approach.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cool. I had my first ride out in the hills on my full rigid SS 69er today, loved it. I get what your saying, I’ve done the LT HT & FS etc before and really can’t be arsed. Embrace the new school of keeping it simples. Can’t measure fun on Strava.

fenred
    Free Member

Just 5 words….”I want to ride that!”

Nice build OP 8)

matt_outandabout

That I like. Red is nice for bikes.

jameso

I don’t get it

‘s ok, you don’t need to )

mt
    Free Member

Red is always good on a bike. Makes it look fast even when still.

Houns

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Terrible wall, brilliant bike, more Jones content….’ is closed to new replies.