Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Terrestrial/Freeview TV channels over IPTV
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

Is there a legitimate way to get free to air tv channels over IPTV?

Foolishly when we had the kitchen/diner done we put power in but forgot about an aerial. Not a problem for Netflix or catch-up but iPlayer is the only app that allows you to watch live tv.

Have got the Smart IPTV app on the tele but will I forever be chasing URLs from an IPTV provider if I go this route or is there a one-time option?

Thanks

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t believe so, I tried a few shady-ish apps on my phone that promise ‘freeview via web’ but they didn’t really work.

NowTV will allow you Live TV, but it’s only Sky channels and as it’s all syndicated stuff ‘live’ is a bit of a loose concept.

The technology is there, but for whatever reason the commercial terrestrial channels in the UK don’t want to broadcast via the web.

Drac

ITV Player allows Like viewing too.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Give this a try…

https://tvplayer.com/apps

I’ve used it a couple of times and it seems to do what you want, you need to subscribe (£6.99 or £9.99 depending on which extra channels you want)) a month I think but that adds Eurosport, Discovery, FoxHD etc.
    Performance seems to vary depending on connection quality and the device it’s running on so your milage may vary. You can try the free stuff first and see how it goes.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tvmucho

savoyad

Get a HDHomeRun – connect it to your aerial, and it makes IPTV out of your signal available over your home network.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Thanks savoyad – that looks interesting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Terrestrial/Freeview TV channels over IPTV’ is closed to new replies.