Tent Recommendations: 5/6 person – any ideas?

Home Forum Chat Forum Tent Recommendations: 5/6 person – any ideas?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tent Recommendations: 5/6 person – any ideas?
  • Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

We downsized from a Sprayway Valley 6 to a Decathlon 4 person xl pop up which has a front porch you can sit in. We then use one of their tarps for covered outside space.
    I’d check out Decathlon’s pop up range for something bigger that might suit you.
    I think that anything with separate poles is a faff to put up/away, especially the struggle to put it back in the bag at the end when it’s sopping wet.
    I’ve found that the pop up is a doddle and never leaves us wishing that we’d brought the other big tent we have (Vango Orchy 500).
    Easy to dry after an event too as you can just sling them in the garden.

benslow

I saw one of these at a show over weekend and its cool.

Quick to put up, loads of room and cool.

£225 if shopping around

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

benslow – Member
    I saw one of these at a show over weekend and its cool.

Quick to put up, loads of room and cool.

£225 if shopping around

Isn’t it just a funny shaped dome tent?

spectabilis

I bought a Kampa Woolacombe 4 last year and it’s brilliant really well made ,compares well to Outwell but better value. I was originally put off by the cheap sounding brand name but i’m really pleased with it .

take a look at the Oxwich 6 for £250
    http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Kampa-Oxwich-6-Tent-2014/m-9354.aspx

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

We’re in the process of downsizing from our Vango 8-man tent and are now looking for a reasonable quality 5/6 man tent.
    Ideally it will be quick to erect (the previous one always took 30-40 minutes which was a PITA, expecially in Mayhem mud).

I’m not looking to spend a fortune – probably £150-£250

We have looked at the Vango Stratos 500, which is currently reduced from £290 to £199 at Cotswold Outdoor (http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/vango-stratos-500-tent-74110189?id_colour=98) – I’m just wondering what else is out there before pressing ‘buy’ !

Many thanks

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Not too sure about the odd dome tent. Others look quite interesting, thanks.

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Any other suggestions ?

thebrowndog

^^ How come? That Appleby 500 dome tent looks brilliant – should be easy to pitch, lots of standing room, and a built in tarp over the entry. Methinx one might be making its way into our home sooner rather than later.

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Laces? Canvas? Reenactment Groups?

Come on CBinLycra. You’re having a laugh !

We just replaced our weekender tent. We had a Vango Orchy 500, and now have a Vango Icarus 500. there is plant space for the 3 of us, not sure how cramped it would be with 5. Go outdoors we’re doing a deal for the tent, closed awning, carpet and footprint for £300. Think it might be finished now. It’s the deal we got.

We also have a Vango Maritsa 600 for fortnight long summer camping, and a Vango Gamma 400 that I take it going to a bike event.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tent Recommendations: 5/6 person – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.