Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Tent colour choice – show your working.
  • winston
    Free Member

Pitched my brand new green lightweight tent in the garden along with our family tent in a pathetic attempt to recreate the festival we would have been at this weekend and it might be more stealth but it is not as pleasent to be in as the purple/light grey one it just replaced..

matt_outandabout

Regards those Nature Hike tents – I’ve seen two, both were short in the sleeping length for me at 6′, like many tents.

They may be lighter, but there’s more robust options with a UK warranty I would use.

Do tents need to be stealthy in Scotland? I thought we were sorted for that

If it’s DofE we still hide…
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/matt_outandabout/08b3r9

Dunblane BB Gold & Silver DofE

scotroutes

Do tents need to be stealthy in Scotland? I thought we were sorted for that.

“need”? Depends how much of an eyesore you want to be. Two mates and I were camped at Carnmore causeway a few years back. We walked up A’Mhaidghean and you could see a blue tent from the summit – but not the two green tents alongside it.

hugo
    Free Member

both were short in the sleeping length for me

Useful info at my height. Much appreciated…!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Fair enough, I never really considered it to be an issue. FWIW when I did my DoE we were issued Vango’s if we didn’t have our own tents (and shouted at for wanting to stay dry in a survival bag whilst waiting for folk on a summit).

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Tent colour choice – show your working.’ is closed to new replies.