Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tent advice for family camping
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

We are currently looking to get a tent for weekend trips to campsites for me, the missus and our 6 and 3 yr olds.

We are thinking 6 man for the space and like the look of the Kampa Hayling 6, Woolacombe 6 and the Sunncamp Spectre 600 or something similar.
    Budget is upto £300

Any recommendations or horror stories?
    Thanks

tommytowtruck

We’ve one of these from Decathlon

\pop up!

– only 4 person, but dead easy to put up and a nice living space in the middle. I think you can add on an extra living bit at the back too if you wanted more space.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

I’d be looking at the Vango Icarus tents for that money.

Have spent a few weekends in one and they pitch in less than 10 minutes (no exaggeration) are comfortable space wise for sleeping. Have good headroom and you can have either front or side entrance. I like.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What tommytowtruck said. Pitches in less than two minutes and can be taken down just as quickly.

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got the icarus. Easy to put up and loads of space. think i paid £175 for it at go outdoors (was last year tho and was on offer)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

On the advice of someone here, I’ve just bought a Hi Gear Rock 5 from Go Outdoors. It wasn’t a bad price at £120 and seems to be fairly good, not that I know anything about tents!

They’ve got a sale on at the moment with one pretty good deals on.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Got one of these for recent trip to France:

Vango Sandon 500

Looks pretty similar to the Icarus – sleeps 5 rather than 4 but less porch room.

Experience with it was very positive. Super roomy (although there was just the two of us in it) and VERY easy to pitch/strike.

£125 with a Tiso card. No brainer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tent advice for family camping’ is closed to new replies.