Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tenn clothing
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Any one got any of their kit? Looks like it could be good for the money but could also be a waste of money if not good.

I’ve heard their waterproof shorts are worth having even if just for 1 winter of wear as they’re so cheap. What about their other shorts and tops?

Range isn’t that big but each item seems to come in different colour options.

jimdubleyou

I have a couple of tops, and a couple of pairs of shorts.

Their padded liners are a bit thin and therefore uncomfortable for a long day. The tops are ok quality – some of the stitching was a bit duff along the hem on one of the tops, but otherwise has been ok.

I also have a gilet – it’s nothing special, but keeps the wind out on a blustery day. Seems to have help up well to abuse.

matt_outandabout

We have some Tenn shorts among the family – they are OK, but on the cheap end of the scale, so both had some rubbing seams and one was wonky stitched.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    escrs
    Free Member

Word of warning regarding Tenn waterproof shorts

Measure your waist with a tape measure and use that measurement when buying the shorts

Dont use your Jean/Trouser waist size as this will be way off

Many clothes manufactures don’t put the actual waist size on the labels

Im a 34/36 in jeans, have been for years, ordered some Tenn waterproof shorts in a 34-36in (large) and they didn’t fit, not even close

Measured my waist with a tape measure and it came up as 41in!!!!

Ordered the Tenn shorts in 3xl biggest they do (40-42in) and they fit lovely at the waist

P-Jay
    Free Member

What @escrs said, also I found the fit of the shorts a bit odd, if I got a size big enough I could get them on, but there didn’t see to me enough shorts between the waist and the crouch so when I pulled them up, I have a nut on either side of the seam.

They make a lot of noise, if that sort of thing bothers you, they’re not really waterproof per-se, what with the two massive holes in the bottom, but they’re better in winter than ‘summer’ shorts.

SaxonRider

I have both a pair of their bib shorts and a pair of their unlined bib tights, and both have last many hundreds of kilometres of riding. An inch worth of stitching on shorts came apart during one ride, which I simply fixed at home, and they are still getting used.

Of course they’re at the lower end of the quality scale, but in terms of value for money, they are very good and much more trustworthy than the nameless stuff you find all over ebay.

P20

I’ve got a long sleeve hi viz top and the waterproof trousers. It’s functional but there are nicer manufacturers out there.

Garry_Lager

Shorts are good for a winter – good value, and it’s pointless buying expensive waterproof shorts for the UK winter IME.

Fit is a bit odd – I only get the shorts out over the bibs if the weather’s rough, so I’m not that fussed. But if you were looking to wear them on all rides then it would be good to try them on first.

antigee

” I have a nut on either side of the seam.

They make a lot of noise, if that sort of thing bothers you…..”

Pretty sure viz must have had that sorted but it is a worrying visual

scotroutes

I’ve only tried the waterproof shorts. IME they barely make it through one winter before wearing out the seat, either on a seam or across the seat. I like the fit as they’re not as baggy and flappy as some. I reckon they are also quieter, less rustle. I’d buy again if they were very, very cheap but I’ll be trying cut-down MOD waterproofs this winter

iainc

I had a lot of their kit a few yrs back and was a kind of Brand Ambassador with them.  The guy I dealt with moved on, as did I.  Kit was always decent enough for the money, and I did really like the waterproof shorts.  I reckon the current bike clothing from Declathlon are better quality and value now though

k1100t
    Free Member

I bought a pair of the road bib shorts the other year. The legs were very short, half way down the thighs, rather than to just above the knee. They weren’t that bad for easy rides up to an hour. Any sort of hard , or long distance effort on the other hand, they were terrible. The rubbed on the inside of the thigh and if I’d sweated heavily, they just got generally uncomfortable around the arse. They were pretty much as expected for a £20 outlay…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tenn clothing’ is closed to new replies.