Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Telly: Wallander returns tonight (Sunday)
  • cinnamon_girl

New series featuring Kenneth Branagh, BBC1 at 9.00 pm

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta.

cinnamon_girl

Nodded off due to boredom. 😐

DrJ

Didn’t nod off but I prefer the moody Swedish landscapes.

stever
    Free Member

Yep – the not Sweden AND not Swedish did make it a bit less Wallander-ish. I think we’re back to Ystad and more Volvos next week though.

Dickyboy

Possible love interest with policewoman check, maverick cop goes off copping instead of attending conference check, lazy local cops check, corrupt officials check, what a pile of dross check

Pieface

I was hoping for a good Hinterland replacement but thought this was a bit of a let down. Still ok for Sunday night, and far better than the Night Manager!

woodnut
    Free Member

Tough crowd! I liked it, some beautiful, quite arty camera work and an unusual location. Formulaic?, maybe but, hey, it’s a cop show….. Still like the the “big” Swedish version best, mind.

stever
    Free Member

This week’s was a more like it for me – nice and drab – definitely a bit too sunny in that South African episode 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Did anyone watch ‘The Disappearance’, new BBC4 French drama?

globalti
    Free Member

Oof, yes. Good it was. As parents to a 17 y.o. we can’t wait for the next two. Episode 2 ended in a really chilling way with the missed phone call.

cinnamon_girl

Definitely not bad at all! Obviously wasn’t expecting anything as exciting and nail biting as Spiral (please return soon Spiral) but it’s holding my attention which Wallander certainly failed to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Telly: Wallander returns tonight (Sunday)’ is closed to new replies.