• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LsD.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Telly on the way out?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Not good. It disappears after 5-10 minutes but I’m guessing it’s a sign of terminal decline….

binners

See this as an opportunity to indulge your inner rock star. Hoy it out of the window!!!!

AlasdairMc

Have you tried any percussive maintenance on it yet?

Is it on all inputs?

midlifecrashes

Throw guinea pigs at it.

peterfile
    Free Member

Have you tried Relate?

druidh
    Free Member

Think I could sell it as an art installation?

matt_outandabout

Did you get it off Freecycle? Charge the previous owner for repairs and loss….

binners

Just put it on the classifieds, described as ‘in perfect working order’, then ask for payment by Paypal Gift 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Leave it in the front garden, it’ll be gone in minutes.

druidh
    Free Member

That might work if I could find a photo of a new one.

maccruiskeen

Looks a bit “Paul Smith” could be the perfect gift for someone who’s no more space in their wardrobe for Rapha kit.

Cougar

It’s buggered, that. Ours at work went the same way, they replaced the screen. (You know, the cheap bit of a telly)

Taff
    Free Member

It’s one of the circuits on a board that’s heating up and expanding the circuit thus breaking it. You any good with soldering? If so then have a look on you tube as my mate had exactly the same problem and you have use an insulated screw driver [ie insulating tape on end] and put mild pressure on the circuit boards to find out where the issue is. When you put pressure on it the circuit should rejoin and the image should come back. I’ll get him to send over the you-tube link.
    As he’s a bit cack handed and it was his games room telly he just moved his desk fan in and put it pointing towards the back of the telly to keep it cool!

fasthaggis

Have you tried hitting it very hard on the top ?

🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Switch it on 5 or 10 mins before you want to start watching it?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If you press together the edges of the screen case near where the fault is does anything happen?

druidh
    Free Member

That’s the current strategy.

LsD
    Free Member

mallet, shards, flames….etc.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Telly on the way out?’ is closed to new replies.