Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Telly and fillums that you can’t stream anywhere
  • binners

Like most sane people, stripped of the chance to do the things we’d normally be doing, we’ve now got more telly streams than you really need, because let’s be honest, through a British winter under lockdown, what else are you going to do?

So we’ve now got a full Sky package, including Sky Cinema, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney

So, you’d think that that would give you access to pretty much everything.

It really doesn’t though. We’ve been doing a weekend classic film night with our teenage daughters to contribute to their cultural education. In the last few weeks we’ve done all the Monty Pythons, Blazing Saddles, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, the Big Lebowski, and they’ve really enjoyed them all

On searching for them, it’s amazing just how many films are unavailable to stream, even if you’re prepared to pay on top for them

Searching tonight, stuff that you can’t get anywhere are:

Spinal Tap
    True Romance
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    Beverley Hills Cop

Anyone else found, or not found, stuff that you’d just assume would be readily available?

simondbarnes

Took about 2 minutes to find all four of those available to stream. Is your google broken?

binners

Are you going to let me in on where they’re streaming then? All those streams are telling me they’re not on them

zilog6128

JustWatch is a very handy site!

One film I know you can’t stream – or even buy new on DVD/Blu-ray – is Dogma. Apparently the rights are owned by Harvey Weinstein personally for some reason and no distributors want to touch it!! Shame as it’s a great film.

binners

Dogma is a great film. That’s just reminded me to add some Kevin Smith stuff to ‘zee list’

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think stuff comes up and goes away periodically. I watched Beverly Hills Cop a few months ago with the kids, Can’t remember which service, and have seen True Romance too.

I’m taking the kids through films from my childhood so always searching for ’80’s films, some fairly obscure and struggle to find some of them. Watched the Fog the other night which I’d searched for before and not been able to find. Just keep looking and eventually they’ll pop up again.

binners

We did all the classic 80’s stuff a while back – Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Lost Boys etc. So few of them were available to stream that Mrs Binners ended up ordering a job lot of them on DVD for about a quid each off Amazon

simondbarnes

Are you going to let me in on where they’re streaming then? All those streams are telling me they’re not on them

Lock stock is on youtube (free)
    Beverly Hills Cop is on youtube for £3.49
    True Romance is on Google Play for £3.49
    I’ve lost where I found Spinal Tap and can’t be arsed to look again.
    (remembered now – itunes for £3.49)

steve-g
    Free Member

Yeah, I find that anything I want to watch through the fire stick is at most £3.50 away at any given time.

It does annoy me that I have prime, Netflix, Disney and still end up having to pay on top so I do still use the worlds most resilient website from time to time

willard

Hmmmm. Looks like the classic skydiving film “Cutaway” with Tom Beringer is not on streaming. Maybe because it is shit.

nbt

True romance was on Sony movies channel a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know why you’d want to pay watch it though, it’s shit. One of the few films I’ve ever walked out of

avdave2

Spinal Tap is on channel 11, sounds like your subscriptions only go up to channel 10

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😁👍🏼

sweepy
    Free Member

do still use the worlds most resilient website from time to time

Whenever I try to use it nowadays it tries to force me to pay for a vpn- if I was going to pay then I wouldn’t be there in the first place

verses

True Romance was on Netflix a couple of weeks ago.

leffeboy

The original Bill & Ted doesn’t seem to be around anywhere legal.

verses

It turns out a couple of weeks ago = middle of last December 😁. I blame lockdown time dilation…

zilog6128

The original Bill & Ted doesn’t seem to be around anywhere legal.

it (along with a few others mentioned here) is on Sky/Now Movies which probably has the biggest range of classic films

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Telly and fillums that you can’t stream anywhere’ is closed to new replies.