Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Tell me your verucca removal success stories
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’m about to commence war.

Had the thing on my foot for years & have tried many times before but its stubborn.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Leatherman

Whisky

Fire

Not in that order.

Murray

My 7 year old had a really stubborn one. What eventually worked was putting a corn plaster around it, filling the hole in the middle with Zovirax and then putting a plaster over it. The corn plaster lets the skin rise into the hole. Every evening, use a hard skin file to file it down and repeat.

She has really sweaty feet so the other top tip is Friar’s Balsam to aid plaster adhesion. Wipe onto area that you’re going stick plaster to, let it dry and then apply plaster.

Good luck.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Had a couple of stubborn ones a few years ago. Tried freeze spray, bazuka etc. Even went to docs for their CO2 freezing spray (not recommended, extremely painful).

In the end I used this, and it worked well Verrugon

You may need extra packs of circular corn plasters (cream goes in the hole in the middle) and wide tape to cover the cream and corn plaster.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

When I was small I had 12 warts that survived being frozen about 100 times [a lot anyway], eventually I was told by a friend that weeing on them would make them go away. I did, waited about 20 minutes and washed my hands [‘cos, yuk] and they disappeared in a few weeks.

Just sayin’.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

When I was around 10, I had in the region of 35 verrucas on the ball of my foot and about 20 on the heel. They were removed over a 6 month period using an acid paste and scalpel method. It hurt quite a bit, as I recall.

steve-g
    Free Member

Tape some banana skin to it and leave for a few days. I think this may have worked in the past. Of course this sounds mental and could well have been coincidence that it cleared up.

alanf
    Free Member

Not exactly related but I used to have 2 warts on the inside of each thumb. I would slice the top off the one on my left thumb and grind it down but it would still keep coming back. One day I went a bit far and exposed some of the root, so decided it was time to get serious and went in for the kill with sharp implements to dig the root out. After a lot of pain and blood I managed to get the blighter out leaving a deep hole in my thumb. This quickly healed up and then the wart on my right thumb disappeared of its own accord. I know its not exactly related but maybe having a dig around might shift it?
    I’m no doctor and don’t advocate self surgery by the way…

qwerty
    Free Member

Ok, cheers, please keep the stories coming.

When I was a yoof I dug a root out, bled loads and left the hole. I’ve probed this one but it seems pretty tight in there.

Doesn’t help that I have two showers per day when I commute, so the freezing idea sounds good. Can I buy that surgical liquid nitrogen / CO2 anywhere and DIY it?

allthepies
    Free Member

Right, I had one on the ball of my foot for over 10 years. Tried everything, the gel stuff from the chemist, freezing nonsense, apple cider vinegar etc etc. Nothing worked.

Then I pickled up one of these -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wartner-Wart-Verruca-Removal-1-5ml/dp/B0051PPM4S

Followed the instructions (duh) and within a couple of cycles of use the persistent little blighter was gone. It also took out a wart on my hand which all the other stuff hadn’t done anything too either.

So, that’s my recommendation. Available from supermarkets etc as well as online, if you shop around then you should get one for £8 or so.

stevego
    Free Member

I’ve used the duct-tape and sandpaper method, thought it had been shown to be as effective as other wart-removal methods. Duct-tape on wart, sand off surface of wart daily and reapply fresh duct-tape. Repeat un til wart is gone (took about 2-3 or so weeks I think for me)

martinhutch

My wife got a load lasered. Hurt like hell, apparently, but worked in about three sessions.

teasel
    Free Member

Same as Steve G – try using banana skin, preferably slightly under-ripe. I got rid of a two-year old, pea-sized wart in no time at all. It was on my hand, though, so easier to keep the skin attached with tape – it’ll be a lot harder and more than likely extremely uncomfortable strutting around with a lump of banana strapped to your foot.

I was a doubter but tried it after all other methods failed. You could always tape it on over night for a few days and see how it goes.

Proper witch doctor stuff, I tell ya…

boxfish
    Free Member

I had very warty hands when I was 11/12/13. I had around 40 of them mostly on fingers and thumbs. Tried all sorts of potions and lotions to make them go away. Nothing worked. Then they all disappeared within a fortnight.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Only ever had one, I tried bazuka (sp?) for weeks and weeks and ended up with a bit of a hole in my foot, and no obvious sign of it surviving. It came back and I gave up trying to kill it. After a few more months it just went away on its own.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Daughter had one on her hand frozen by the doc and it worked straight away.
    Other daughter has been given some drops that go on every night for 6 weeks and that seems to have done the trick also.

teasel
    Free Member

I know you need the virus to actually have them appear but I reckon it’s stress that gives them life, so to speak.

Or write, rather…

thepurist

+1 for the duct tape method, but I just left it on for as long as it stuck, then sanded and reapplied the tape straight away.

qwerty
    Free Member

I have some duct tape – i’ll commence my first line of attack with that, if it fails i’ll start working my way through all the others – wish me luck – i may be some time….

Militant_biker

I had a nasty wart on my finger that resisted many trips to the doctors, and sessions with the over-the-counter treatments, tried trimming it with scalpels etc. A GP friend recommended just getting the doctor to leave the CO2 thingamy on for longer. Well, it turns out I have a higher pain threshold than she had theconfidence to keep it on. So it remained.

I then used a drill bit, the kitchen stove, and some pliers. Heated the bit up till it was burny hot, applied to finger until I couldn’t take the pain. Waited for scab to drop off, and repeat. Gone in 2 sessions.

Obviously, I wouldn’t recommend this course of action, as the potential for injury is moderately high – but it worked for me 🙂

tonyg2003

I had one on my foot that was as stubborn as hell. All sorts of treatments were tried, chemist CO2 remedies and proper acid / liquid Nitrogen treatments (which hurt like hell).

Unless you dig them out completely all the treatments just mediate an immunological response and it’s your body that gets rid of them.

After about 6moths of treatment I had an acid treatment, went on holiday for a week, relaxed and windsurfed a lot. It disappeared over the week.

Very odd our immune systems

spxxky
    Free Member

Dremmel it!

footflaps

I had one which the acid stuff didn’t seem to work on, so eventually I cut it out with a scalpel, which was rather painful, but did the trick.

martinhutch

This is all getting a bit…

Harry_the_Spider

I had two on one thumb, one on the other thumb and one on my big toe.

Tried all combinations of chemical burning, freezing and attacking with sharp objects. Then, I got an infected cut that required a course of antibiotics and all the offending warts vanished almost overnight. Coincidence?

I am not a doctor.

Nobby

Another +1 for duct tape.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Superglue can also do the trick… duct tape and superglue cocktail if you’re feeling extravagant.

I had some on my big toes that resisted treatment for the best part of 10 years, superglue saw to some of them, but a few remained, but then suddenly, for no apparent reason, my immune system woke up and kicked their asses.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’m currently mid Duct Tape method. Been doing about 3 weeks now with some success.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I removed mine with a chainsaw, then poured vinegar into the wound, bound it up with flue tape and then zip tied a whole banana to my foot to make sure. I also pissed on it but that was only because it’s hard to aim when one foot’s on a banana.

theotherjonv

I dug one out with a compass during double maths. Hurt and bled like buggery (not literally) but was gone for good.

Never had them back since, touch wood.

mark90
    Free Member

Another +1 for duck/duct tape. Worked for my daughters veruccas, after trying various remedies from the chemist.

I know you need the virus to actually have them appear but I reckon it’s stress that gives them life, so to speak.

I’d agree with this. Had a wart on my hand when I was younger, tried all sorts to get rid with no luck. Then it just went away. It recently came back while I was quite stressed and a little run down.

footflaps

I dug one out with a compass during double maths. Hurt and bled like buggery (not literally) but was gone for good.

I assume buggery took place during another subject?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I went to the doc’s recently after having one for 2yrs. Bazuka and Duct Tape hadn’t worked. They said the strongest stuff available was:

Avoca

Silver nitrate pen you can buy without prescription. Apply for 6 days running and then it should be gone….well, I don’t know if it’s worked yet but I’ve a big black spot on the sole of my foot that’s showing no signs of disappearing after finishing the treatment a week a more ago.

mudsux
    Free Member

drill wart – dremel or fine drill bit and steady hand.
    freeze cavity with wartner liquid freeze stuff.
    fill cavity with bazuka.
    cover with plaster.

thegreatape
    Free Member

All the freeze stuff and ointments cause a blister, which has made me wonder before how effective either a pyrograph

or lit fag would be.

allthepies
    Free Member

Have also tried the duct tape and silver nitrate pen methods with no success. Go for the Wartner gel pen 🙂

nicko74

This is all getting a bit…

Ah, you wait til I tell you about the worm I got in my foot, and the things I tried to get rid of that…

Stupid question, why duct tape? Is it the gluey part that solves the verucca?

mrchrispy

I had several hundred warts all over my body for several years, nothing i tried would ride me of them. Then one night I saw a full moon at the very moment a ginger cat walked backwards past me, they all disappeared within 2 days.

Just saying.

allthepies
    Free Member

There’s no medical rationale behind the duct tape approach, just seems to work for some people. Perhaps generates some kind of immune reaction at the verruca site ?

In my case it was a waste of time 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

If duct tape gets rid of warts, presumably WD40, being the opposite of duct tape, causes them. So if you just wear gloves when using WD40, hey presto, no warts.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Tell me your verucca removal success stories’ is closed to new replies.