Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Tell me something good about Hermes, I can’t find any ?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ordered some shorts from CRC. Few days later , email to say processed and tracking number is with Hermes. Few days later, email to say delivery yesterday. Never appeared and later in the day I have ‘requested to send back to the supplier’ . Er..nope. Did nothing to that request. Then a while later , delivery today between 10am and 12pm. Then another email to say that it is in process to be returned to CRC again.
    Are this lot just a complete load of useless muppets or am I missing ( other than the shorts) something out of collect things and deliver to the customer?
    Will email CRC saying keep your shorts, give me a refund and let me know when you stop using these idiots, i’ll come back…….

flicker
    Free Member

Give them a ring and speak to them, I’ve spoken to their customer services a couple of times in the past and they’ve always been helpful and sorted the issue for me. Used them lots of times and they’ve not lost a parcel yet, royal mail on the other hand seem to lose them for fun and customer services don’t give a ****.

Northwind

I use them a ton for my ebay store, and tbh I’m mostly very happy. Cheap, I like the dropoff systems they have, and while I’ve had a few issues with delivery, it’s a low proportion- certainly way under a percent, for serious issues (loads of 1 or 2 day delays though)

Also, when they lose stuff, it’s usually pretty stress free to sort- I’ve had refunds and payouts within hours in the past. Slower just now but that’s no shock.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree with both of those, use them loads, no issues.

scotroutes

I get quite a lot of stuff from them. Never had a problem.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Blimey, I am the odd one out :). They lost a parcel 3 weeks ago also. The seller sent me another item via R.M and arrived 2 days later . They then said they found it and was ‘being delivered to me last Monday’. Guess what ? Yup, it never appeared………
    Looks like I will be heading to a local bike shop and look like the great infected to buy some tomorrow instead……… They even run away from the contactless machine and dive in the workshop. May use my wifes front line respirator kit when I go there and confuse them 🙂

docgeoffyjones

They have been always been great for me. The collect from home service has been very useful these past few months and drop off is much easier as I can usually do it evenings and sundays.

onehundredthidiot

A bit hitty missy our local delivery guy is grumpy but delivers and will leave in the secret place. Overall though I’d use a different carrier but then they all have horror stories.

plus-one

Very hit or miss ime.

MoreCashThanDash

Never had a problem with them but I seem to be the exception

TheGingerOne

Our local guy is very good, luckily so no complaints here and never had an issue with an item not turning up.

Drac

TheY deliver on time, will leave the parcel safe If I’m not in.

footflaps

Never had a problem, but I guess its just a numbers game, if their processes work 99.999% of the time and they deliver millions of parcels a year, that’s still a fair few lost….

tdog
    Free Member

I know that they to open parcels to find no ipad 🤣🤬🤬🤣

slowol

Our local Hermes guys are great or I can drop off parcels to send in the Coop up the road and the service works, and it’s cheap and currently half price on an eBay offer. Collect plus on the other hand just took a month to deliver a parcel to us from my sister!

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Well I was starting to think they were quite good. Then a few weeks ago my last CRC order arrived looking like it had been through a car crusher, fortunately only tyres inside. Now found they’ve audited something sold on ebay as oversized (hmph!) and taken £9 from paypal, almost 2 months after it was delivered. Seems they want photo proof it was the right size despite having no proof it wasn’t.

Pyro

He’s great at limbo.

whitestone
    Free Member

Our Hermes delivery guys are fine. I get an email saying between X & Y and it’s invariably within that timeslot. I think one delivery was five minutes late.

Cougar

Hermes suffer from the same problem as Yodel. They contract out the ‘last mile’ to a low-rent local delivery driver. So yours could be great or crap depending on that.

For me personally Hermes is brilliant, the local driver is great. Yodel on the other hand, utter shower. Many people will tell you the opposite. It’s a lottery.

reluctantjumper

Sending I’ve never had a problem but if I sell something I’ll always give the buyer an option of a different company as I know that some areas have crap final mile drivers. Receiving it can be a bit troublesome. If I follow the tracking it can take ages for parcels to end up at the right sorting hub, sometimes via very convoluted routes! Once in Cardiff though I get them the same or next day at worst. My local guy is called Scott and he drives around in a very battered silver Zafira, always makes an effort to get you stuff and is generally brilliant. Probably helps that he lives in the area so can nip stuff out in the evenings rather than during the day. When he’s off we get a random driver and then you notice as parcels get delivered to the wrong house/flat or just abandoned in hallways.

theboatman
    Free Member

Our current Hermes driver Steve is mint.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Bear in mind I have been watching this from tracking…….
    06:55 – Tue 23 Jun
    We’ve received your parcel

11:39 – Tue 23 Jun
    We’ve got your parcel and we’re processing it for you

00:49 – Wed 24 Jun
    Your parcel is at our local depot and on its way to you

10:35 – Wed 24 Jun
    Your parcel is on its way to you today

10:54 – Wed 24 Jun
    Your friendly local courier will try to deliver between 14:00 and 16:00 today

14:03 – Wed 24 Jun
    Your courier has had an issue with getting to the delivery address. If you have any delivery instructions you think might help, visit the help section and use the contact us page

10:46 – Thu 25 Jun

10:55 – Thu 25 Jun
    Your friendly local courier will try to deliver between 10:00 and 12:00 today

10:57 – Thu 25 Jun
    You’ve asked us to return your parcel to the sender – it’s on the way back

11:29 – Thu 25 Jun
    Your parcel is at our local depot and on its way to you

Then the next one……….

with your courier
    14:14 – Thu 25 Jun

update on your parcel
    17:58 – Thu 25 Jun
    You’ve asked us to return your parcel to the sender – it’s on the way back

All I’ve done is watch all this unfurl in front of me and at no point have I once, let alone twice ! asked for it to be returned………… Sigh………

garage-dweller

What Cougar said.

Our local guy is great.

chestrockwell

Tell you something good? My local bloke (Skipton) is great, always on time and always with the parcel in perfect condition.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Our local delivery / home collection lady is good, although I always try to get to the door before she knocks as she likes to try and break it down.

As for sending stuff with them… I returned a Garmin Fenix 5+ via Hermes local pickup (not the collection service) and it never made it beyond their depot 🙁

However any stuff picked up from the house seems to (so far) get where it needs to ok.

tdog
    Free Member

Yh but is Steve spearmint or peppermint😜

tdog
    Free Member

Damn Cougar is correct

Must be using Drac’s famous ipad 😁

whitestone
    Free Member

None are as bad as the unmissed CityLink.

DezB
    Free Member

Used loads, always reliable. Convenient drop-off shop. Good prices.
    Never missed a delivery from me or to me.
    They leave stuff in a convienient safe place, which is far better than Royal Mail, who always take it back to the sorting office.

flange
    Free Member

Our local collection and delivery girl is great – dead chatty, always helpful and has always turned up when the app said she would. I’ve had issues in the past with CRC deliveries but that was many years ago – during lock-down when unemployed, selling stuff via Ebay has kept me in the black and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without Jess.

Spud

Our local guy was great, not sure if he’s otherwise indisposed, but the current one doesn’t seem as good. Waiting for two this week, one needed for tomorrow, as some above have said have had out for delivery messages for two days but nowt. Will see whether they turn up today before lighting the torches, could just be COVID related, but we do have a new huge depot 3 miles away…

alibongo001

I’ve used them for a while, just because they are cheap

They seem to be fine until the local last link is off on holiday or sick etc.

When that happens invariably the new person has difficulty finding addresses and can use the system to reduce their hassle – one favourite is to not bother with delivery and tick the box on their system to suggest a customer has asked for a return.

This means they don’t have to try again tomorrow (most have a contract to try 3 times)

Regular people seem great, temporary ones seem to be really rubbish – contacting them is an absolute nightmare with never-ending loop systems on webchat and phone with no real chance to share what’s going on.

They do deal with a very high volume of parcels and a certain problem rate is to be expected. My issue is just how hard it is to sort out issues when they occur

Cougar

I always try to get to the door before she knocks as she likes to try and break it down.

Yeah, what’s that all about?

I have a really loud doorbell – you’ve probably heard it – and there’s absolutely no way that anyone could ring it and fail to register that it’d worked. Yet the number of people who ring and then immediately start pounding on the door… just, why? You think I’ve failed to notice Big Ben going off but I’m going to hear your hand impotently flapping about? People are weird.

Spud

Well one has turned-up, but not the one that has been out for delivery since Wednesday evening…

goslow

The guy who delivers to my area always seems very efficient. The woman who delivers to my elderly mothers area always calls in when she’s nearby to make sure she is ok and sometimes runs errands for her.
    Maybe it just depends on the individual rather than the company?

ayjaydoubleyou

They contract out the ‘last mile’ to a low-rent local delivery driver. So yours could be great or crap depending on that.

I think they also get paid by the drop, not per hour?
    My office is in a nice compact industrial estate, and I live in a compact, but logical and clearly numbered housing estate.

They can do loads of drops quickly, and to their mind, it’s a repeat customer (even though the adressee may be different).

If you live in the arse end of nowhere at “grey gables” and order something once a year and it gets chucked over the fence of “great gables” after they’ve spent half an hour looking, I can kind of sympathise.*

Stealing from their loads though, inexcusable. The US got it right way back when, making interfering with the USPS a federal crime.

*I have to go to numberless, nowhere near the post code rural properties for my job. Can often be 20 minutes looking on google maps the night before to ensure I know where I’m going.

Cougar

I think they also get paid by the drop, not per hour?

That’s kinda what Amazon do, a mate of mine used to deliver for them. Amazon go “here’s X drops, it should take about 4 hours” and pay you for those 4 hours. If you do it in 3 then happy days, if you take 5 then sucks to be you. Fortunately they tended to overestimate how long it’d take, I doubt Yodel / Herpes drivers are afforded a similar luxury.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Refund sorted by CRC just now. They advised they were told by Hermes I had rejected the delivery. Would have been nice to have at least seen a delivery driver in the first instance to be able to consider doing that.
    I live in a town and not the middle of beyond. So, I could understand that, but I dont like liars , which is where they fall short.
    Spoke to a work colleague earlier and she had the same with a delivery. She was at home and then got an email advising that an hour earlier she rejected the delivery. Wonder if its the same eijit ?
    So, off to get some shorts locally tomorrow then……..

MrSmith
    Free Member

They are the lowest of the low, I avoid retailers that use them.
    The supposedly put a coffee table through my letterbox all this without bending the laws of physics or depositing a pile splinters inside my door while I sat looking out the window waiting for the van to pull up. Table was probably chucked in a ditch near the depot as the driver was unlikely to want to drive the M25/south circular on the last Friday evening before Christmas and deliver it.

No contact with depot or driver just call centre in India.
    No compensation.
    No insurance.
    No table.
    Never use MyHerpes.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Tell me something good about Hermes, I can’t find any ?’ is closed to new replies.