Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tell me, Is the Penmachno actually dry?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

I have no plans to ride there in the near future (never say never) but I am intrigued as to whether the Penmachno trail is actually fully dry?

Is this even possible?

rOcKeTdOg

It’s not been announced on the 10 o’clock news so I doubt it as that would be a once in a life time occurrence and the media would be there in force

edward2000
    Free Member

I remember riding my bike around Pen in axel deep puddles. Puting that aside, the uphills were quite tame but there weren’t any downhills.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Can confirm. Not dry. Still wet bits.

Marin
    Free Member

It was dry as a bone on Sunday. Well 2 puddles maybe. Never seen it like that in 10 years. Beautiful condition. No idea about today.

nickc

This the MTB version of the crows at the Tower. If Penmachno ever runs dry, Mike Vandernan appears magically and takes your bike .

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I was thinking about riding Penmancho this weekend having never been there, probably only the shorter loop as I’ll be dragging Mrs O_H_H round with me and I’m thinking of making her pedal around Gwydir Mawr on the Saturday is it worth a pedal if I’m staying in the Betws Y Coed area?

Marin
    Free Member

If that’s the Marin trail then I’d say yes. Plenty of people on here don’t like it but good views, some nice flow and techy bits on it. If you’re self catering the butchers in Llanwrst is great!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah Gwydir Mawr is ‘the trail formerly known as the Marin Trail’ (don’t think it has a funky symbol however).

Looking to camp in the area, was recommended one in Llanrswt so close to Marin trail and Penmancho.

MartynS

One happy hippy..

if you’re staying where I suggested our paths may cross on Saturday!

we are packing up Saturday morning and proberbly doing the short penmachno before going home…

I’m on a pivot, she’s got a purple Santa Cruz. Say hi if you see us!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tell me, Is the Penmachno actually dry?’ is closed to new replies.