Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about Winter Hill
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

im sure ive been close to this area earlier last year. my son took me over Blackstone edge moor and we dropped down to a motorway bridge and underneath us was the M62, then from there we went downhill and back over to Hollingworth Lake. so passing over the motorway bridge im guessing there must be another way up to the top of winter hill….
    anyone please ? 😉

Its quite a long way from Hollingworth to Winter Hill (prob at least 10-15 miles). You can probably see it from that area though – just look for the massive aerial on top of the hill with red lights on it.

Best done as two separate rides in my opinion.

djflexure

Good song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLvkqS_AyyE

Anybody know the rider?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    elaineanne
    Free Member

so wots the easiest way to get to it then..go on inspire me…
    anyone from singletrack area please reply to me… im inspired alrighty …. lol…..

wors

Head for bolton, can’t miss it.

philfive
    Free Member

i’ve been up there from darwen.

djflexure

Danny Macaskill – must be

mintimperial

You’re not thinking of Windy Hill are you? That’s the hill with the big radio mast thing on it just above the M62 above Hollingworth Lake.

There’s a bridleway that goes up from where you’re talking about, over Windy Hill and past the mast to the A672. Never ridden that particular track myself, so I don’t know what it’s like.

MrGreedy

Anybody know the rider?

djflexure is right, it is indeed STW favourite Danny MacAskill

Blower
    Free Member

now this is a ride i did 16-17 years ago,and ive often thought of how we did the route when im driving on the m62,alas it’s a bit hazey,was shown it with my old club..

so yes anyone with the knowledge,i seem to remember dropping down from the mast,down a rocky bit of singletrack down to Hollingworth lake,am i right?

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep Blower..you seem to be on my wavelenght..
    it cud be windy hill but this windy hill also has a huge tv mast on it… has it got two different names…. you can see it from the M62.

mintimperial

this windy hill also has a huge tv mast on it… you can see it from the M62.

Yep, Windy Hill is the hill with the gigantic mast on it right next to the M62 where it goes over the tops, just above Hollingworth Lake. Winter Hill has a mast on it, but it’s miles and miles away from Hollingworth Lake, near Bolton.
    [Edit: Windy Hill Map Winter Hill Map]

elaineanne
    Free Member

mr greedy: yep thats Danny Mac ! he,s ace isnt he…and he,s ridden in my area with the famous Mr Ed Oxley

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Winter Hill’ is closed to new replies.