Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Tell me about the quintessential Mixed Grill
  • Cougar

I have reported you to the Mods for having no culinary taste.

😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just a few random ideas rather than ‘the same old stuff we have every other time.’

Cougar, clearly there are people here that just want to be pointed in the direction of the nearest ‘Hungry Horse’ or ‘Beefeater’ crap pub. Some of them were doing so well on the willy waving thread as well 🙁

Cougar

I must have missed the willy waving thread. So it’s not all bad.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Irish Mixed grill:
    Boiled potatos
    Roast potatos
    Mash potatos
    Chips
    Crisps

Ironcially, none of which are grilled …

sugdenr
    Free Member

Ironcially, none of which are grilled …

[loud tut] Hark at Mister Picky! [flounces off]

StefMcDef
    Free Member

It’s got to include a half-tomato cut in a jagged shark’s-tooth pattern as well. Otherwise it’s not a mixed grill.

derek_starship
    Free Member

SMD – you are correct. The serrated edged tomato is an absolute must. I will dig out my pinking shears…

chutney13
    Free Member

could you also cut a radish into a flower?

what about potato dauphinoise for your carbs?

KT1973
    Free Member

HAGGIS FTW. Sliced and fried and then wash the whole lot down with a pint of ale. May help to have someone available that knows CPR.

chutney13
    Free Member

gregs should make haggis pasties. mmmm.

portlyone

Thought the tomato was halved and pan fried? Not sure “fresh” anything is the way to go!

Also, if you don’t like black pudding maybe add some white pudding?

downshep

Charlie Barley’s
    nom nom nom…

iain1775
    Free Member

Just a few random ideas rather than ‘the same old stuff we have every other time.’ My grill-ups generally involve me looking in the freezer like a kid at the penny sweet counter. “I’ll have one of those, one of those, two of them… “

Cougar you keep tins of baked beans in the freezer?!?!?!

Cougar

Penfold, shush.

Bregante

Charlie Barley’s
    nom nom nom…

Pale imitation of the real thing from Bury Market 🙄

mattsccm
    Free Member

You can’t be having beans with a mixed grill. Are you some sort of northerner? It has to be meat except for chips fried in meat fat. And none of those poofy frozen things. Make your own.
    For variety without spoiling the pureity use boar instaed of pork and venison instead of lamb. Maybe drop in rabbit or squirrel . On second thoughts, don’t use the above as a substitute just add them. You need a few pints of rough real ale and a sharp knife. If you like your food hot, expect to chuck it back in the pan half way thoughas any decent grill will take a good while to eat

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about the quintessential Mixed Grill’ is closed to new replies.