Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about the Pace RC204…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

Moved on, with a bit of research, from the original plan of an SC Superlight and now added Yeti ASR5 and Pace RC204 to the list. Plenty of reviews to be found for the Yeti but very little for the Pace. Anybody got an RC204 and can tell me what they’re like to ride and what the frame weight is? Going to be using it in a light(ish) build for marathon/enduro racing and trail riding. The other frame that caught my eye but is difficult to track down is the Devinci Dexter, although not too sure it’s available in the UK…

neil853
    Free Member

I can only pre warn you of the complete lack of customer service back up from Pace. Do a search on here on them. They are one of the few companies i would think twice about using/purchasing from.

Leku
    Free Member

5 year warranty on the Yeti and they have been great with mine.

One of the gear cable stops came off the carbon back end of my ASR-sl and they gave me a whole new rear end within a week.

Speshpaul

Having had the full Pace experience with a cracking frame, i would NOT buy a new pace product ever again.
    just cross it off your list, theres plenty of companies out there who want repeat trade.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t pass comment on the 204 but I can pass comment on the Pace customer service experience. Nothing they make would ever be on my shortlist irrespective of price or ride quality.

Paceman
    Free Member

Ouch… are they really that bad?

I’ve had a Pace RC405 for three trouble-free years and still love it. Never had to deal with Pace directly though.

davetrave
    Free Member

Blimey, some pretty strong sentiments there then. Looks like the Yeti it is…

Twodogs

I’ve been very happy with both my Pace bikes..405 and 305. and Pace have been very helpful when I’ve talked to them about maintenance on the 405 (bearing replacement stuff).
    On the other hand, when I had a problem with my Pace forks, they were slightly less than helpful…..

Speshpaul

“I’ve had a Pace RC405 for three trouble-free years and still love it.”

Great.

My 303 was a good concept, worked well, but it was never right. And broke in the end. At this point with other componies problems get resolved. With Pace it was were my problems started. Resolved in the end but took 5 months.

So i just won’t go there again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about the Pace RC204…’ is closed to new replies.