Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about Sidi shoes
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

What makes them so good/popular.

On my commute I see lot’s of riders wearing them.

Is it the fit, do they last ages? It certainly not the price.

My Shimano R087’s have been good as an ‘will I like road cleats’ shoe but the fit is pretty poor, so I’m looking for a step for.

They will be used all year round for commuting and proper rides.

warton
    Free Member

they are honestly like slippers. so comfy. and they do last, and you can buy replacement parts (heels, toe plates, buckles, tension gubbins) so you can pretty much always replace and repair any broken stuff…

corsair
    Free Member

I have a pair of these and they’re the best boots I’ve ever had. Top quality, replaceable parts, very comfy, just like warton said. These particular ones are maybe a little heavy for cycling, but if their shoe range is as good they’ll be worth a look.

MSP

The uppers are very compliant so comfy for a wide range of people, unlike shimano and specialized which tend to have quite stiff toe boxes and force your feet to fit the shoes.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve got narrow feet so am looking for some shoes that fit on the width so my feet to move around.

nickc

I’ve a pair of Dominators that I bought in ’08 that show no signs of wearing out any time soon. They mold to your feet, and are incredibly supple so these are more or less the comfiest pair if shoes I own. Plus a wash and brush has the looking like new. When/if these ever wear out/ break I will buy another pair without bothering to look at any others. They’re worry every penny

Haze

Very comfy, my Dominators are still going strong 5 years on including a couple of wet years commuting.

They were relatively cheap compared to a lot of Sidi but I’d have no hesitation in paying out for new road shoes when my Gaerne’s give in.

CraigW
    Free Member

Some Sidi shoes are fairly cheap. eg On-One have some for £60.
    I got a pair of these Sidi Sierra recently, they seem quite nice, comfy for me anyway.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

When I bought mine i was lucky enough to go to a shop with a lot of different makes and models of shoe. I tried on loads and the SIDI’s were the only ones that felt comfortable straight out of the box. They cost a lot more than i was intending to spend and if there’d been a comfy pair cheaper then I’d have probably bought them instead.

They are now 5 years old, a bit scuffed here and there have had one of the straps replaced after the ratchet got a little sloppy and have had the heel pad replaced after it wore down. Still super comfy though, I basically never have a twinge or an ache from my feet on a long ride which makes them well worth the cost for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Sidi shoes’ is closed to new replies.