Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • tell me about majorca
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

hoping to go there with the so. in the first 2 weeks of august(she only get those weeks off)

whats best way of doing it? fly then book our own digs is my idea..shes wanting to go down the travel agent route..which is cheapest?

any good hotel reccos?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hear the water has an interesting flavour.

flamejob
    Free Member

My folks live there most of the time; I don’t know anything about accommodation but it’ll be feking hot and full of people in August because that is when the rest of the country has their hols.

Ping back if you firm up any locations and I can advise if they are rat-holes or not.

julians
    Free Member

It’ll be pretty hot in august, and quite busy, but its still nice out there.

The absolute cheapest way will almost certainly be some sort of package, but you might not like where you end up. if you dont care about the accomodation as long as there is a beach/pool then this will almost certainly be the cheapest way. But if all you want is sun and sea then there are cheaper destinations than majorca, I think greece/turkey is supposed to be very cheap.

If you want a higher standard of accomodation then booking seperately will probably be cheaper than booking as a package, especially if you book the accomodation from a private owner rather than through a company.

Majorca is a very in demand place and the prices are not necesarily as low as you might think they should be.

If you book seperately, flights will be in the region of £200 each maybe more by the time you have added bags and charges on.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

the so is wanting to ride (road) and iveridden theyre before hence the choice….i know itll be busy/hot etc

top tips…keep em coming!

highclimber
    Free Member

I thought the water was rather nice!

uplink
    Free Member

We stooped here a couple of years back – outstanding accommodation

http://www.fincaescastell.com/

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

looks very cool! and a bit pricey….combien?

uplink
    Free Member

It wasn’t bad TBH – we went in Sept

missus reckons it was about £100/night for a double

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

cool…where is it in ref to pollensa/palma?

uplink
    Free Member

details here

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

We go to Pollensa Park Hotel every year as a club- 30+ riders

club is geared up for cyclists, food is good (for this type of hotel), location is mint for riding …..pool (indoor and out) etc

And 100 yards from Tollo’s

FOG

We stayed at the daina apart hotel in Puerto Pollena which is cheap and cheerful but perfectly adequate and they didn’t seem to mind bikes in rooms even though they have a proper store.
    There are an awful lot of German cyclists there, often in big groups though that is ususally in the spring.
    If you are hiring a car watch out for a new scam. You pay for your hire but when you collect the car you are told you have to pay for a tank of fuel. This seems to be enormous–tank capacity of a Mack truck– and you even have to pay a fee for the priviledge of having them fill it up for you. You get no credit for any fuel remaining when you return the car. Our fuel cost twice as much as the week’s hire and this was with a so-called reputable firm, Gold Car. Be careful!

Zoolander
    Free Member

I go to Ibiza a lot (kind of similar to Majorca ish) and we always find that it’s cheaper to book flights and accommodation separately, although we do tend to go out of season which may make a difference. It also has the benefit of not having to deal with tour reps or have the inevitable coach transfer from hell with the other holibob makers- which is quite a plus if you ask me! Also means you can book more than one hotel if you fancy staying in another resort or town for some of the nights.
    Lowcostholidays website is good for accomodation only.

julians
    Free Member

you’ll cook if you’re planning on cycling in august, unless you go out very early in the morning ~5am, and even then it’ll still be pretty warm.

We’re planning on going out in November for a long weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘tell me about majorca’ is closed to new replies.