Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Tell me about… having the wrong thing
  • stwhannah

Not here! Email me hannah@singletrackworld.com so I can curate into an article (as per a suggestion on another thread).

I’m looking for tales from the trail of ‘having the wrong thing’. The sinking feeling when you open your pack and realise you’ve brought the wrong quick-link, that you picked up a tin of dog food and not a tin of beans for your bivvy breakfast, or that you’ve got two left shoes 300 miles from home. Funny, inconvenient, stupid or serious. Let’s see what you’ve got.

Anything from a sentence to a couple of hundred words. If I’m intrigued I might ask for more! And if you’ve a picture of the fateful moment, even better. Don’t forget to add your username so I know who you are!

matt_outandabout

Oh, I’ve one and a photo…but it will embarrass another forumite, not I…. 🤔😆

StirlingCrispin

@matt_outandabout  – was that the ride with the Warriors? It’s my photo and you have permission to use it 🙂

StirlingCrispin

It was the same ride where @matt_outandabout  left his pack at the top of the hill and had to go back up for it.

DickBarton

As long as it isn’t the y-fronts picture! The wrong thing was exactly those! 🤣

el_boufador

Done!

BoardinBob

Turns out it was a denim jacket

(IYKYK)

stwhannah

Bump for the Monday morning work avoidance crew. Funny how most of the ones I’ve had so far are ‘it wasn’t me, it was a friend…’ 🤨

StuF

Work shy crew here – email sent

P20

Bump for the Monday morning work avoidance crew. Funny how most of the ones I’ve had so far are ‘it wasn’t me, it was a friend…’ 🤨

It’s content for this place. Make it a sticky at the top of page.
    I’ve got a couple, I’ll get them over to you

a11y

As long as it isn’t the y-fronts picture! The wrong thing was exactly those! 🤣

There isn’t strong enough bleach in the world to cleanse my mind of that image.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There was that one time where I was struggling with a climb and realised that instead of bringing the lean,muscular powerhouse of a man that inhabits my imagination, I had stupidly left the house with the middle aged, chunky, asthmatic biffer instead.
    Got off the bike and pushed it up the rest of the way, suitably chastised by reality.

gordimhor

Went on a weekend biking trip, full car so had taken the seat off to get the bike in. Turned out the seat I threw into the car was for another bike didnt fit mine. Mrs Gordimhor was not happy.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Slight ankle/brake rotor interface. I had the first aid kit with the antiseptic wipes and sterile dressings but somehow I had put a bottle of Superglue Remover instead of actual Superglue in there so I had to ride home with it still open.

tazzymtb

sent an email about the having the wrong thing and a novelty fix

mmannerr

Left for summer holiday with bikes a day earlier, intending to overnight in a hotel. At hotel car park when I’m unloading the bikes for more secure storage I find out that I don’t have correct key to Thule rack to unlock the other bike from it. I then recall ‘organizing the keys’ just before we left.

Breaking the lock was way too easy, I’ll never trust them again for anything.

pictonroad

@WorldClassAccident – mate, get that photo out of here.

Nearly brought my lunch up.

easily
    Free Member

So, WorldClassAccident, how did you get your name?

dirkpitt74

Sent one about turning up to take a coaching session with the wrong kit…

MSP

Not MTB related so I will relate it here.

I have a docking station at home that connects to the works laptop with USB-C, which I also use to conveniently charge various compatible devices. One morning recently when arriving at my desk at the office, I realised I had slipped my ipad into my rucksack instead of my works computer, as it had been sat on top of it charging. Now my nickname in the office is “the gipper” I am only 54 FFS! What’s it going to be like when I get beyond 60, i fear the decline in my mental faculties (well I would if I could remember to).

I have yet to turn up to a trail ride with my gravel bike, but it can only be a matter of time.

redthunder
    Free Member

Mail sent about Wrong Shoes 🙂

austin
    Free Member

I used to put Assos minty arse lard in an old 35mm film cannister for long rides. Halfway through the SDW, I needed some minty arse relief only to find I’d packed a roll of 35mm film instead. I’ve got no idea where it came from, I’d not used a film camera for years.

reeksy

Mail sent about Wrong Shoes

Not bike related, but a few weeks back my builder and one of his three builder sons were doing some work at my place. I left and had driven a couple of km when I got a phonecall to say I may well be wearing the son’s work boots. So I went back and he was right.

I’d left my boots at one door. Their boots were at another.  All three pairs of boots were the same. I’d left through a different door to the one I came in. Seems his son wears the same size boots as me.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.