Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about Films, People, Stories, Events that have inspired you to ride more
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve been asked to deliver a 20 minute talk/assembly for 350-400 teenage school boys entitled ‘The value of cultural and artistic activities’. I have a free reign to talk about any creative outlets that inspire us, be it riding, writing, painting, music, playing sport, building, coding… whatever.

I’m after some ideas, stories, inspirational films etc e.g. amazing people, amazing stories, interesting ideas/theories etc.

Anyone got any ideas??

chief9000
    Free Member

well, my mate jim told me that he went for a bike ride in the woods. He bumped into a sexy Swedish girl who was riding her bike and lost her way. He told me that he pointed her in the right direction and to repay him for his kindness she stripped off naked and they both went skinny dipping in the river (water was cold apparently), the rest you can imagine yourself.

Anyway, since then I have been riding the same woods everyday, but sadly I still didn’t have the same luck.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Touching the Void
    Into Thin Air

Paceman
    Free Member

Chief9000… LOL 😀

Maybe no one to tell the school kids though!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Pulp Traction

[/end of thread]

freeagent
    Free Member

My Younger Brother.
    Diagnosed with Cancer at 29, is now 36 and the Cancer won’t be going away, and will be terminal at some point.
    5 courses of Chemo, including 6 months worth last year, however he still managed to do London to Paris with a mate last October.

Paceman
    Free Member

My Younger Brother.
    Diagnosed with Cancer at 29, is now 36 and the Cancer won’t be going away, and will be terminal at some point.
    5 courses of Chemo, including 6 months worth last year, however he still managed to do London to Paris with a mate last October.

Best of luck and full respect to him Freeagent

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Its not fashionable to admit it, and in the end a lot of it turned out to be lies, but Lance Armstrong’s books did have a positive effect on me at the time, they definately are a big factor in me becoming a cyclist as an adult.

I find films very inspiring – must be the way I am wired, my two favs being ‘What it takes’ and ‘Ride the Divide’

yunki
    Free Member

This is gonna sound a little bit sexist, but then I think the book sells itself that way to a certain extent..

Dervla Murphy’s book Full Tilt made me think that if a fairly inexperienced poor defenceless woman can jump on a bike in 1965 with just a map, a rucksack, a pistol and and an idea, and then cycle through Europe, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, then I should really be able to cycle across the cliffs to the next town..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Films, People, Stories, Events that have inspired you to ride more’ is closed to new replies.