Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Tell me about chinese carbon frames…..
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Neilsonwheels – what are the risks (other than product quality) with ordering from aliexpress?

I’ve seen one or two that look like what I’m after and have a good number of orders/feedback.

If I use creditcard am I protected if the goods don’t turn up?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Or even any recommendations for specific sellers on there?

fogliettaz
    Free Member

mtbtomo

I have bought 3 frames from Hong Fu, great service and communication on every purchase. FM001 & FM066 road frames and a FM016 MTB frame.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbtomo
    Free Member

Fogliettaz, I meant on Aliexpress but the Hongfu FM066 looks ace – think I’ll send them an email….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

yetitony – Member

Hey ChunkyMTB,
    Some nice bikes there! Running the hard tail with no front chain device? Any issues with the chain coming off?
    That dirty disco replica looks lovely as well.

That pic was taken just as it was built, MRP arrived a couple of days later. Dirty Disco isn’t mine, its one on the huge Chinese carbon thread on a dutch website. Was just highlighting what you can get direct.

Latest pics, now with some squidgy up front.

Houns

Nice that Chunky

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

No pics of your CX yet hounsy…

Another bum shot

compositepro
    Free Member

Given the Chinese factory that I am going to start importing rims from make the De Rosa 838 (not a copy the real thing) I’d say there are good chinese carbon frame makers. There are those that also do copies. If you can buy direct from a factory. You can tell them apart from resellers and the factories website is normally crap

that’s interesting which rims exactly

Houns

Stop stalking me 😯

Anyways I need to mail you, no reason other than not spoken to you in soooo long

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s been a chilled week 😮

Back in camp tomorrow though 🙁

yetitony
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – that looks really nice with the lefty.
    One of the cleanest looking bikes I’ve seen with the internal cable routing.
    Good job fella…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers tony. It rides superbly.

pete68
    Free Member

A quick question for those of you with the Carbonal,Flyxii or Hongfu mtb frames. What BB do they take. I’ve looked on their various sites and they seem to list a few types. They all look very good and am quite tempted.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

My Hongfu takes a ‘normal’ threaded external HTII style bb, but you can specify that or BB30 when you order.

pete68
    Free Member

cheers for the reply. I’d much rather get a normal threaded type.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about chinese carbon frames…..’ is closed to new replies.