Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tell me about…… Portable Bluetooth Speakers
  • harrytoo
    Free Member

So having joined the tablet market I have downloaded a load of legit tracks onto it.

Now just need a way of playing it out, the speaker on the Nexus 7 makes a surprisingly listenable noise but its no B&O.

Other bits to add to the potential wish list are:
    Portable with decent battery life.
    Half decent range
    Price wise – would consider anything sub £50ish?? maybe a little more, ideally a lot less.

So whats the general recommendation?

grum
    Free Member

These are great for the money IMO. Surprisingly bassy depending on what you put it on.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=131019018752

joolsburger
    Free Member

There is a good yamaha one twice your budget but worth every penny. Cheap ones are just not worth it.

grum
    Free Member

Cheap ones are just not worth it.

I love it when people make sweeping statements like this. You’ve used the one I linked to then?

Is this the Yamaha one you’re talking about?

We’re not going lambaste the PDX-B11 and slap it with the worst Bluetooth speaker rating ever, but we certainly can’t recommend it, either.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wireless-speaker-reviews/yamaha-pdx-b11-review/#ixzz2iRCzIgSG

tootallpaul

Cambridge Audio Minx Go- it’s £99 and sounds amazing.

I had a Jambox as well- not bad, but nowhere near as good as the minx.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I went for the Veho
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/veho-360-m4-bluetooth-wireless-speaker-p37364.htm?referer=PLA&utm_source=google%2Bproducts&utm_medium=comparison&utm_campaign=google%2Bproducts&gclid=CNubvdrqrLkCFa7JtAodL2wAXw
    I use it loads more than I though I would, the only downside is the base but then it was never going to be thumping in something so small!

grum
    Free Member

Try putting it on different surfaces. Something that is essentially like a big bass bin will make it sound significantly bassier!

winston_dog
    Free Member

I went for the Logitech UE Boom. I was very surprised by the very good sound quality.

£64 at Amazon

molgrips
    Free Member

Logitech mini boombox here, I bought mine when there were only two on the market really.

Works nicely – sound is on a par with a more substantial portable radio, I just treat it like that. It won’t match a big iPod dock speaker system really, but it does go remarkably loud for the size. Battery seems to last ages too.

warton
    Free Member

i’ve got the boombox too.

connects to my mac and phone, won’t connect to windows 7, which thinks its a bluetooth headset. not happy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why is it a problem that it things it’s a headset? My W7 thinks it’s a headset, because it has a mic as well as a speaker and can work as a headset too.

Thinking about it, I did have some problems getting high quality audio (aka A2DP) – I think it was Lenovo specific. I had to reinstall a particular Bluetooth driver and it worked. Still thinks it’s a headset but does not cause a problem.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Mine shows up as a headset and works OK with WIn7 and on a Lenovo.

I did have some connection problems and just uninstalled and then re installed and it was fine.

warton
    Free Member

molgrips, yeah, mine wasn’t playing sound though. looked back into it, and downloaded a driver, potentially the one you mention, works fine!

alibongo001

Whilst more spend can definitely get better quality sound, I was very surprised by the X mini stuff I bought recently:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=x%20mini

You can get a couple of these for around half your budget and they sound surprisingly good with a reasonable bass!

molgrips
    Free Member

works fine!

Woot 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

This looks pretty good especially at £50 JBL Flip

Good review from What HiFi as well

stumpy01

That little Veho soma-rich mentions is very impressive.

Although that Sony that sebgt links too looks good and a decent size should provide a fuller sound (maybe).

alibongo001 – I’ve got some of the mini-max II speakers and they are bloody impressive. But not bluetooth (not sure if they do a bluetooth version) and the wire that came with mine is really low quality. It has split at a connection point (near the vol control) and I have to be very careful with it. I’ve looked at replacement cables, but they are almost as much as the speakers cost in the first place!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Logitech mini boom one here too, recommended.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Cheers one and all,

went for the Logitech, that was the one I’d been eyeing before my post, so glad it got a few recommendations.

Looks the best and thats the main thing!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about…… Portable Bluetooth Speakers’ is closed to new replies.